Photo

How Does Your League Handle IR Violations?

2 replies to this topic

#1 UCanCallMeMitch

UCanCallMeMitch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,861 posts

• 2021 MFL: 74144

Posted 16 November 2021 - 03:38 PM

Currently, in one of my leagues when a player is no longer qualified for IR and remains there he is dropped from the offending franchise's roster.

There's been grumblings about the severity of the penalty (actually, one owner) and it made me wonder if a change is in order.

My Question - How does your league handle IR violations?

ldsportslogoindex_32x32.png  LuckyDog Sports 
" Fantasy Fun For Football Fanatics "

#2 habman

habman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

• 2021 MFL: 55681
  • , 18835

Posted 16 November 2021 - 07:21 PM

Thats how we do it in all 6 of my leagues.   Only once as far as I remember has an owner been burnt with a significant player.  

The only exception we allow is for bye weeks since MFL sometimes changes those players to Questionable during their bye.  

#3 Moon

Moon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

• 2021 MFL: 46365

Posted 17 November 2021 - 11:30 AM

If the player is placed on IR and he is active at game time, he gets dropped from the roster. So if he is out on Sunday and then comes back to practice Monday, you have all week to do something with that player, right up until game time. Pretty lenient. We expanded IR slots from 1 to 2 per roster last year when Covid hit, but next year I'm going back to 1 slot. People pretty much using the 2 slots for injured players and infrequently covid, and it impacts the quality of waiver wire pick ups available. I have dropped 6 players this year due to IR violations, sometimes after sending out a warning that said player is going to be active. No complaints.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users