Links to new windows

3 replies to this topic

#1 jrick35

jrick35

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 12:27 PM

It would be nice if all links, leading away from my league site, would open in a new window.

#2 UCanCallMeMitch

UCanCallMeMitch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,496 posts

• 2019 MFL: 38948
  • , 64543

Posted 04 September 2019 - 06:58 PM

Add "_blank" to your html; for instance -

<a target="_blank" href="https://luckydogsports.net/luckydog/ldsindex.html">LuckyDog Sports
</a>

Of course replace the link url and text to yours.

ldsportslogoindex_32x32.png  LuckyDog Sports 

" Fantasy Fun For Football Fanatics "

#3 Moon

Moon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 08:51 AM

Just passing along something I learned looking for the same convenience. I'm a big fan of non-MFL content opening in a separate tab, so I have a few of these _blank for custom menu items. I'm NOT a coder of any sort, but I did read an article on the vulnerability of using _blank and they suggest adding some additional code for security and performance enhancement. No idea how real the threat is, but I added what they suggested to a few external links defined in a vertical menu HPM and all the links work fine. 

Basically suggest adding rel="noopener noreferrer" in addition to target="_blank"

https://www.tutorial...ener-blank.html

If you are talking about URL links on the top menu (My Links/League Links), you can't add html from the edit links feature. Again, not a coder, but I know there are post on the forum for replacing the top menu and I'm guessing you could add this to any link if remaking the main menu. Otherwise you'd right click to open in a new tab or window which is common feature on all browsers, so you kind of wonder how much of a threat it is to do this.

#4 UCanCallMeMitch

UCanCallMeMitch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,496 posts

• 2019 MFL: 38948
  • , 64543

Posted 07 September 2019 - 05:29 AM

goodposting.gif

Interesting - can't hurt it seems.

Just passing along something I learned looking for the same convenience. I'm a big fan of non-MFL content opening in a separate tab, so I have a few of these _blank for custom menu items. I'm NOT a coder of any sort, but I did read an article on the vulnerability of using _blank and they suggest adding some additional code for security and performance enhancement. No idea how real the threat is, but I added what they suggested to a few external links defined in a vertical menu HPM and all the links work fine. 

Basically suggest adding rel="noopener noreferrer" in addition to target="_blank"

https://www.tutorial...ener-blank.html

If you are talking about URL links on the top menu (My Links/League Links), you can't add html from the edit links feature. Again, not a coder, but I know there are post on the forum for replacing the top menu and I'm guessing you could add this to any link if remaking the main menu. Otherwise you'd right click to open in a new tab or window which is common feature on all browsers, so you kind of wonder how much of a threat it is to do this.

ldsportslogoindex_32x32.png  LuckyDog Sports 

" Fantasy Fun For Football Fanatics "

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users