15 replies to this topic

#1 AndyG555

AndyG555

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 01:17 PM

Hey there,

I dunno if this is the right place, but I made a free Discord/Slack bot that integrates MFL into your league chat. It acts as an RSS feed and automatically posts league events like trades, waivers, and draft picks. It also has many call-and-response functions that allow you to pull league info into the league chat like rosters, draft portfolios, schedules, etc. It's still very much a work in progress but I'm looking for leagues to try it out, give feedback if possible, and generally stress test the thing.

General Setup Guide

Discord Add-Bot Link

Slack Add-Bot Link

Just as a heads up, this is really intended for leagues with 16 teams or fewer. It CAN work for larger leagues, but probably frays a bit so to speak. Thanks!

#2 theeohiostate

theeohiostate

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 02:09 PM

would you happen to have a league setup with this added we can view ? Thanks

All the scripts I post were created by Habman , with some small contributions from myself. The man has done an outstanding job giving the community a variety of options to enhance the site. Thank you sir !!

#3 AndyG555

AndyG555

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 02:30 PM

Sure, admittedly I'm a bit of a Discord noob so hopefully this works:

LeagueHub Test Server

The bot is in the LeagueHub Test channel. I can create more channels to test out your own league although I may not always be around to do that!

#4 Darkwater

Darkwater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 March 2021 - 09:55 AM

I got a  "The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application." error when I tried to install the Slack bot.

#5 AndyG555

AndyG555

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 March 2021 - 11:09 AM

I got a  "The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application." error when I tried to install the Slack bot.

Yes, I'm seeing that here as well. I didn't touch anything as far as I know. Looking into it but I don't have an answer at the moment. Sorry about that!

EDIT - I think that should be fixed now!

#6 AndyG555

AndyG555

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 March 2021 - 07:14 AM

would you happen to have a league setup with this added we can view ? Thanks

Also re-reading this, I think maybe I poorly communicated what this is. It isn't something that gets installed into your MFL league.

It's something that you add to your Discord/Slack group chat which integrates your league over there. That's why I wasn't sure if this was the right place for this. But I currently have about 25-ish leagues using it so I think there's an audience for it. Sorry for the confusion!

#7 Darkwater

Darkwater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 March 2021 - 03:03 PM

As someone who handles 99% of our league communication and business through Slack, this would be a really cool feature for our leagues. 

#8 AndyG555

AndyG555

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 March 2021 - 03:11 PM

As someone who handles 99% of our league communication and business through Slack, this would be a really cool feature for our leagues. 

It should be working now! Happy to answer any questions as well.

#9 dynastytime

dynastytime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 09:08 AM

Hey there!

This is super cool - I think most excited about the ability to send over announcements. I'm kind of a novice on this so struggling with how to get it into 1) Into a channel 2) Set up the feed to tell it what to send into there.

Any help would be appreciated!

EDIT: I figured it out!! For anyone wondering you can add the bot by just mentioning them in the chat. I was trying to have it join by "Add Members" which was driving me insane. Looking forward to seeing this in motion!

#10 AndyG555

AndyG555

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 01:26 PM

Oh yeah, the direct way to add and app to a channel in Slack (Once you've approved it for your Team):

- Hit the little "info" 'i' in a circle in the upper right

- Hit the three dots on the right for 'More'

- Add App

It's a bit hidden!

#11 GMD2047

GMD2047

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 10:41 AM

Hey guys, is it possible to add support for IDP players?

#12 AndyG555

AndyG555

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 01:59 PM

Hey guys, is it possible to add support for IDP players?

Hey...they should be supported I think. Lemme know specifically what isn't working as expected, and I can look into it! (Feel free to message me on Discord at the link above if it needs more detail)

#13 GMD2047

GMD2047

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 06:01 AM

when I first tried .fa LB, it said "You must pick QB, RB, WR, or TE."

Now when I try it, it says "This command is currently under maintenance."

I am using it on slack & MFL

#14 GMD2047

GMD2047

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 06:06 AM

My guys are enjoying it thus far

#15 AndyG555

AndyG555

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 06:06 AM

when I first tried .fa LB, it said "You must pick QB, RB, WR, or TE."

Now when I try it, it says "This command is currently under maintenance."

Oh gotcha! Yes, the .fa function is currently in transition. But you are right that under normal circumstances, it wasn't working for IDP. I have to see if I can get IDP projections (for the year in the offseason and weekly during the season). If I can, I'll add that in. Thanks for pointing it out!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users