5 replies to this topic

#1 Himewad

Himewad

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 11:12 AM

Can someone please explain how blind bid waivers work in MFL? A few guys in my league want to switch to this system, but there are some opposed, as well.  I put it up for a league-wide vote a few years back and it was voted down (think it was a split vote, actually).  I just want to be able to explain the details as thoroughly as possible, because there are definitely going to be some questions when I put it up for another vote.

In Heaven there is no beer ... that's why we drink it here ... and when we're gone from here ... our friends will be drinkin' all the beer

#2 UCanCallMeMitch

UCanCallMeMitch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,487 posts

• 2019 MFL: 38948
  • , 64543

Posted 26 June 2019 - 04:48 AM

MFL has several articles in their help center that are great in explaining the blind bid process

https://www03.myfant...H=blind bidding

https://www51.myfant...L=73629&FAQ=528

Its your choice whether or not you want to use CBB or BB.  I believe CBB is generally the method of choice with the majority

ldsportslogoindex_32x32.png  LuckyDog Sports 

" Fantasy Fun For Football Fanatics "

#3 TheCommish

TheCommish

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

• 2019 MFL: 16410
  • , 29597

Posted 08 July 2019 - 11:51 AM

OK - my league is going forward with the blind bid system (for two waiver periods), then FCFS until each player's game begins. Can you explain why CBB seems to be the preferred method? Seems to me that will just lead to more confusion based on the example in the FAQ.

My real question is … how do you guys set up your waivers? My league usually has the draft a couple weeks before the start of the season, and the week leading up to the season, teams can make roster moves. If I'm reading my League Calendar correctly, it says the draft is on August 25, and the first Auto* event is to "Lock All Free Agents" after the Week 1 Monday Night games begin. Does this mean that from the time my draft ends until week 1, there will be FCFS waivers the entire time? If that's correct, and I want to limit FCFS waivers until, say, one week before the opening kickoff on 9/5, would I need to add a "No Add/Drops Allowed" event that begins on my draft date and ends on 8/29?

Is this how most of your league do this? Or is there some way to add a blind bidding event the week prior to the week 1 games? Because that's what I would prefer to do.

HELLO! My name is Inigo Montoya ... you killed my father ... prepare to die.

#4 bonscott

bonscott

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,817 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 05:43 PM

Yes, you can add anything you want to your calendar manually.  So my personal league does run a Blind Bidding between the draft and the first NFL game.

So here is our dates.  Draft is Saturday, Aug 24th.

Monday, Aug 26th

No Add/Drops Allowed ends at noon (I have this starting back in March, whenever I create the league)

Lock All Free Agents starts at noon (this makes all players go thru waiver requests)

Wednesday, Sept 4th

Process Blind Bid Waivers 7pm

As for Conditional BB, I'll only play in leagues with Conditional.  It's so much better to be able to really refine what you want.  As for an easy explanation, I explain like this:

Create as many CBB "groups" for each player you want to drop as you can only win one player per group.

So you want to replace 3 players, create 3 groups.  Each group is then a prioritized list of replacements.  Easy peasey and you can make it more complicated then that, but that's the bottom line in my mind.

#5 TheCommish

TheCommish

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

• 2019 MFL: 16410
  • , 29597

Posted 09 July 2019 - 10:18 AM

I think we agreed on conditional bidding once we dug into it a bit. Also, would you mind looking at these settings? My league ID is 16410. Here is what I have currently:

Draft - Sunday, Aug 25 3pm

No Adds/Drops Allowed - starts on Sunday, Aug 25 3pm - ends on Saturday, Aug 31 12am

Lock All Free Agents (Auto*) - starts on Monday, Sep 9 8pm - repeat 15 times

Process Blind Bid Waivers (Auto*) - starts on Wednesday, Sep 11 3am - repeat 14 times

Process Blind Bid Waivers (Auto*) - starts on Thursday, Sep 12 3am - repeat 14 times

No Trades Allowed - starts on Sunday, Nov 24 12pm

No Adds/Drops Allowed - Monday, Dec 23 8pm

I get an error message when I try to create a "Lock All Free Agents" event because it's the same title as a system-defined event. That option isn't in my drop-down list of Event Types.

It's my understanding, based on my current settings, that from Aug 31 until Sep 9 everything would be FCFS. And that's not what I want. I would like to have what you are describing. One or two days between the draft and the week 1 games where teams can submit blind bids, and then FCFS - just like every other week.

HELLO! My name is Inigo Montoya ... you killed my father ... prepare to die.

#6 sladog

sladog

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 04:02 PM

Not sure what the " Auto* " means or where it comes from.  Sounds like you should delete everything on your calendar and start again.

Seems that you just need to start waivers a week earlier.

Draft - Sunday, Aug 25 3pm

No Adds/Drops Allowed - starts on Sunday, Aug 25 3pm - ends on Monday, Sep 2 8pm

Lock All Free Agents (Auto*) - starts on Monday, Sep 2 8pm - repeat 16 times

Process Blind Bid Waivers (Auto*) - starts on Wednesday, Sep 4 3am - repeat 15 times

Process Blind Bid Waivers (Auto*) - starts on Thursday, Sep 5 3am - repeat 15 times

So you are doing everything that you would normally do after week 1, but start the Monday before week 1 (Sep 2).

"INCONCEIVABLE!!"  ...   You keep using that word.  I do not think it means what you think it means.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users