1 reply to this topic

#1 slinger

slinger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

• 2020 MFL: 43945

Posted 21 October 2020 - 01:08 PM

I had one of our owners present me with a question that I didn't know how to answer. 

The owner had set their lineup on Saturday or Sunday, the NFL changed the Broncos vs Patriots? game to a different week, thus his player he was to start was now on their BYE week. According to him, once the Sunday games had started, and he finally realized what happened, he could not move the BYE Week player out of his starting lineup. 

My question is, could this be true and if so, is there a setting I should change to allow BYE week players moved out of the starting lineup if they are locked?

I hope this makes sense to someone.... 

League Link: http://www81.myfantasyleague.com/2020/home/43945#0 

#2 sladog

sladog

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 11 November 2020 - 05:01 PM

You lock players at kickoff of their games.  Since the game was postponed, it officially became a BYE game for that week.  I think bye week players are locked at the kickoff of the Thursday night game - never checked this before.  Obviously this is an extreme circumstance and occurred late in the week.  As Commish, you can manually adjust the owner's lineup.

If the owner told you who he wanted to start in place of the player(s) - assuming he had players whose games had not yet started - you could make his lineup changes for him.

Even though this happened a few weeks ago, if you know who he wanted to start you could retroactively change his lineup for that week - and then recalculate standings to get the system to update scores.

This may not help for this case, but for future occurrences it is a way to handle things.

"INCONCEIVABLE!!"  ...   You keep using that word.  I do not think it means what you think it means.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users