Photo

Franchise Creation/Removal/Passwords/etc.

Creating New Franchises

5 replies to this topic

#1 cookiedeem

cookiedeem

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 02:45 PM

This is not a question, but venting frustration.  The old way, the commish just created teams, set a default password and the owners were good to go.  I just

spent the better part of 2 hours trying to create a team for an owner who didn't know how.  Obviously, I didn't know either.  What an ordeal, and I'm still not sure if its right.

Why did we have to make it so complicated?  Every year, an owner forgets a password in our leagues,  and the commish can't do anything but tell them where to start to reset it.

...and creating a franchise from scratch, you might as well forget it.  Does anyone else have this problem, or is it just me trying to make it more complicated then it is?

#2 Moon

Moon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 06:54 PM

In our league (20 teams - 2 conferences) there is always someone who can't remember a password or worse their username at season start. I can see the email address for each franchise carried over from the prior year, so I just tell them to go input the email on the league site and indicate forgot password like you do for pretty much any website today. I also send a franchise invite email from the commissioner/franchise setup menu. I then check back with them to make sure they got in. I think you can also see this in one of the franchise activity reports.

It isn't perfect. I actually like team owners having to be responsible for their own access. In the past, when commissioner had more access control, I had one owner who was non-committal except when he wanted to be. Of course this would always be about 5 minutes before the Sunday 1:00 PM kick off when I'd get a call that he can't get into the site and could I get him access or input a lineup for him? Meanwhile, I'm trying to manage last minute changes to my own team.

I do like having as much control as possible as commissioner, but I guess I don't mind not being able to manage passwords. MFL "help" section usually has the answers to questions, but it takes sometimes it takes some hunting to find it.

Okay, all that said, I hope we actually have a season this year. Getting the site ready and going to be sending out invites in July.

#3 HedgeHog

HedgeHog

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • Interests:Theater, Las Vegas, Blackjack, Poker

Posted 02 July 2020 - 06:43 AM

Had an owner retire last season after playing since 93!  EVERY year here he'd forget his password and we'd go through the same slog.  So yes, I too wish it was easier to give a little assistance when needed.

There IS no "Off Season"

#4 BobA

BobA

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

• 2020 MFL: 44355

Posted 02 July 2020 - 07:56 AM

Had an owner retire last season after playing since 93!  EVERY year here he'd forget his password and we'd go through the same slog.  So yes, I too wish it was easier to give a little assistance when needed.

I've got one of his brothers in my league. If we weren't friends going back almost 50 years I'd have booted him long ago. :ph34r:   :rolleyes: 

2020 League Home

The Ed Hughes Football League, Since 1980
2020...Our 41st Season!! 

----------
"Yes, well, everybody in Casablanca has problems. Yours may work out." -Rick Blaine

#5 HedgeHog

HedgeHog

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • Interests:Theater, Las Vegas, Blackjack, Poker

Posted 02 July 2020 - 02:18 PM

related issue - new owner.  sent him an invite.  link not working

http://mfl12.com/63872/248/FRANCHISE%3D0006%26ENCAC%3D408050e29bf19e321588b2d9c13b30ea

looks wonky to me.  suggestions?

There IS no "Off Season"

#6 cookiedeem

cookiedeem

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 05:20 PM

HedgeHog, I copied and pasted your link into my browser, and appeared to work just fine.  I would say its a user problem.. :rolleyes:.  Love your league page by the way..

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users