5 replies to this topic

#1 Big Ben 7

Big Ben 7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 08:02 AM

Trying to change in general league settings.Want to change where says a player can be on one roster per league to one per conference,that way I can one draft for the AFC,and one for NFC ?

#2 bonscott

bonscott

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,731 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 10:11 AM

I think you're confusing that settings.  It's to allow two separate player pools/drafts within the league, has nothing to do with NFL players conference.  This allows say a 24 team league with two 12 team conferences to have their own player pools and drafts thus one team in each conference can have Aaron Rogers.  The player pool itself cannot be separated by AFC or NFC as far as I know.

#3 Big Ben 7

Big Ben 7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 12:05 PM

That’s exactly what I want to set up.I have one league that I started about eight years ago that’s setup that way,but I’m trying to set up a league for a friend this way,just having trouble doing it for some reason,any suggestions ?

#4 bonscott

bonscott

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,731 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 04:55 PM

No idea, didn't even know it was possible.  May be something special that support has to setup manually, just drop them a ticket and they can help you.

#5 Moon

Moon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 05:26 PM

The settings for this type of league - multiple conferences with ability to have the same player appear on a roster in each conference - are accessible through the menu: For Commissioners/Setup/General Set Up/General League Set Up. We have a 20 team league comprised of 2 conferences with 2 divisions per conference. You set up your league structure first and then there is a selection for allowing a single player on multiple rosters further down the page.

The cost for a Deluxe League is higher than a standard league, so if you haven't paid for a Deluxe League that may be why you don't see the option. Even if you do see the option, my guess is it isn't available unless you pay for the added cost.

By the way, we came to MFL 6 years ago specifically for this feature. We have a big family league of people dispersed throughout the country and this allows us all to participate in a single league and stay connected. Prior to this, we ran 2 separate Yahoo! leagues where 10 people in the family would play in one league and the other 10 in a separate league and then counted the score of the championship game in each league twice - once for the actual league championship and again for the family championship across both leagues. It was a work around, but not much fun. The MFL deluxe league made our league a lot more fun, gives everyone a chance to follow both conferences on 1 site and we now hold an actual head-to-head championship game between the 2 conference champions. Add to that the integration of MFLHistory (back loaded with lots of Yahoo! stats saved throughout the years) and we've got the equivalent Ancestry.com for our family fantasy football league displayed on our site. Very cool features.

#6 spodog

spodog

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 12:07 PM

In the league you have set up with AFC and NFC only, how do you handle the situation when a player on an AFC team is traded to an NFC team during the season?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users