Photo

unable to set up Mobile on MFL...

6 replies to this topic

#1 theJagZone

theJagZone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:God- Family- Football- Fishing..
    and of course a cold beer now and then..

I am humble enough to know I'm not better than anyone and I am wise enough to know that I'm different from the rest.

-Dynasty League Football Enthusiast-
    ---------------
    "..feel the power of the SaltWater Gospel"
    ---------------
    "Lack of preparation on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
    ---------------
    "Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
    ---------------
    "It's easy to make a buck. It's a lot tougher to make a difference." ~Tom Brokaw
    ---------------
    "The price of greatness is responsibility" ~Churchill
    ---------------
    "Adversity introduces a man to himself" ~Einstein
    ---------------
    -Jags-Yanks-Cavs-theU-
    ---------------
    #UpholdTheLegacy
    #AllAboutTheU
    #Blessed
    ---------------

Posted 19 May 2021 - 09:20 AM

I've been struggling for a couple months now getting my MFL page Mobile settings straightened out...

I'm in a number of leagues (approx 30) on MFL..  a few of them (maybe a half dozen) when I set the phone # & carrier up I get the validation code..

the others will not even send me a validation code..

within a week on those leagues that I was able to set up, the information seems to disappear and I get no mobile notifications..

in the others as I said, I can't even get the validation codes to set them up..  

I sent a Ticket to MFL..  and continually got responses that it was an error with my carrier..

I've subsequently called my carrier and have been assured multiple times that there is no myfantasyleague.com blocking issue..

I've also spoken to other owners in different leagues I am in who have said they have similar issues and simply do not use the mobile features any longer..

mobile notifications in recent years have become crucial for me due to the amount of emails I get in a day at my work so using Text/Mobile had alleviated that issue for me..

if there is anyone who has heard of or come across such issues I'd love to be able to find a fix..

thanks in advance!

Mark Clapper

*Proud member of the National Association of Grizzled Foot Draggers
Email: theJagZone@gmail.com

"I don't play the game to lay up"1f3cc-1f3fc.png

"I found Jesus on the golf course. Well at least I heard his name several times."

"Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

#2 theJagZone

theJagZone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

I am humble enough to know I'm not better than anyone and I am wise enough to know that I'm different from the rest.

---------------
    ---------------
    ---------------
    ---------------
    "It's easy to make a buck. It's a lot tougher to make a difference." ~Tom Brokaw
    ---------------
    ---------------
    ---------------
    -Jags-Yanks-Cavs-theU-
    ---------------
    #UpholdTheLegacy
    #AllAboutTheU
    #Blessed
    ---------------

Posted 07 June 2021 - 01:44 PM

bump

Mark Clapper

"I found Jesus on the golf course. Well at least I heard his name several times."

#3 Jason72

Jason72

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 June 2021 - 08:46 PM

I've been struggling for a couple months now getting my MFL page Mobile settings straightened out...

I'm in a number of leagues (approx 30) on MFL..  a few of them (maybe a half dozen) when I set the phone # & carrier up I get the validation code..

within a week on those leagues that I was able to set up, the information seems to disappear and I get no mobile notifications..

I sent a Ticket to MFL..  and continually got responses that it was an error with my carrier..

I've subsequently called my carrier and have been assured multiple times that there is no myfantasyleague.com blocking issue..

I've also spoken to other owners in different leagues I am in who have said they have similar issues and simply do not use the mobile features any longer..

mobile notifications in recent years have become crucial for me due to the amount of emails I get in a day at my work so using Text/Mobile had alleviated that issue for me..

if there is anyone who has heard of or come across such issues I'd love to be able to find a fix..

thanks in advance!

I have that same problem for years. I am on Tmobile and setting up the mobile used to work fine a few years back, Then some leagues worked but not others. The last 2-3 years I can't get a validation code on any of my leagues here. Would like to hear a solution if anyone figures this out.

#4 theJagZone

theJagZone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

---------------
    ---------------
    ---------------
    ---------------
    ---------------
    ---------------
    ---------------
    -Jags-Yanks-Cavs-theU-
    ---------------
    #UpholdTheLegacy
    #AllAboutTheU
    #Blessed
    ---------------

Posted 21 June 2021 - 12:03 PM

thanks in advance!

I have that same problem for years. I am on Tmobile and setting up the mobile used to work fine a few years back, Then some leagues worked but not others. The last 2-3 years I can't get a validation code on any of my leagues here. Would like to hear a solution if anyone figures this out.

I've talked to others with the very same issue...  it seems my issues began with the Sprint T-Mobile merger...  that said I can't positively pin it to that... although after multiple times talking to both Sprint and T-Mobile techs I've been assured their is absolutely nothing blocked on their end... & in response to the MFL case I've put in they continue to tell me they can't do anything.. I'm in 30 Dynasty Leagues on MFL and have relied heavily on this feature over the years... now considering my lack of email access on most days and my true need for the mobile texting notification feature it is and has created numerous issues for me.. in speaking to other owners it's clear this is not s small issue despite MFL techs seemingly wanting me to believe it is.. I mean if the feature isn't going to work why continue promoting it...

Mark Clapper

#5 theJagZone

theJagZone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

---------------
    ---------------
    ---------------
    ---------------
    ---------------
    ---------------
    ---------------
    -Jags-Yanks-Cavs-theU-
    ---------------
    #UpholdTheLegacy
    #AllAboutTheU
    #Blessed
    ---------------

Posted 11 July 2021 - 09:27 AM

Bump
in case anyone has any new info….

Mark Clapper

#6 Hoopz

Hoopz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 06:36 AM

I haven't had an issue (Verizon) and I haven't tried this but try setting up Google Voice.  It can be setup to forward messages/calls from the Google Voice number to your cell number.  It may not be a perfect solution but a good step in the right direction.

Or port your number to Google Fi (or any other carrier) for a week, get everything setup, and move back to your current carrier.

There may be a way to use a burner phone and a MVNO to set it up but you'd have to work out getting it moved and verified to your existing number.

:blink:  Dunno if any would be solutions but tossing darts out there.  Changing carriers an option at all?

#7 theJagZone

theJagZone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

---------------
    ---------------
    ---------------
    ---------------
    ---------------
    ---------------
    ---------------
    -Jags-Yanks-Cavs-theU-
    ---------------
    #UpholdTheLegacy
    #AllAboutTheU
    #Blessed
    ---------------

Posted 09 September 2021 - 10:07 AM

...still struggling with the same issues in regards to MFL's mobile settings...

my carrier Sprint/Tmobile techs have gone over backwards and forwards in regards to my number receiving mobile settings notifications...

MFL after multiple efforts has has given me absolutely nothing... & the frustration is very real..

I'm able to obviously recieve emails but the one thing that I won't be able to see are the inactive players notifications that

I've always received via mobile for each league.... being in over 30 leagues on MFL that is very problematic..

Mark Clapper

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users