Photo

Enter salaries for players as they are drafted.

2 replies to this topic

#1 jrick35

jrick35

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 12:37 PM

We set our own salaries for players based on the rd they are drafted in. The old FFM draft software allowed us to enter a salary as we were drafting a player. But we cannot do that in MFL's draft room.

I would love if either one or both of the 2 options listed below were possible.

1 - Allow us to pre-set a salary based on the rd a player is being drafted in, for instance. In my league a 1st rd draft pick is paid $1.8 million dollars and the salary goes down by $100K each rd after that, If we could just set the salary per rd so that when a player is drafted in the 1st rd, he is automatically assigned whatever salary we indicate for a 1st rd pick, then in the 2nd rd the system could automatically assign them whatever we set the 2nd rd salary to be and so on and so forth throughout the draft, that would be awesome, or...

2 - just allow us to enter a salary manually but at the time the player is actually drafted.

#2 HedgeHog

HedgeHog

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
  • Interests:Theater, Las Vegas, Blackjack, Poker

Posted 04 September 2019 - 02:43 PM

ditto.  we usually "take a break" between each round to allow me to enter them manually so sal caps are correct.  PITA

There IS no "Off Season"

#3 bonscott

bonscott

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,855 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 03:35 PM

We set our own salaries for players based on the rd they are drafted in. The old FFM draft software allowed us to enter a salary as we were drafting a player. But we cannot do that in MFL's draft room.

I would love if either one or both of the 2 options listed below were possible.

1 - Allow us to pre-set a salary based on the rd a player is being drafted in, for instance. In my league a 1st rd draft pick is paid $1.8 million dollars and the salary goes down by $100K each rd after that, If we could just set the salary per rd so that when a player is drafted in the 1st rd, he is automatically assigned whatever salary we indicate for a 1st rd pick, then in the 2nd rd the system could automatically assign them whatever we set the 2nd rd salary to be and so on and so forth throughout the draft, that would be awesome, or...

2 - just allow us to enter a salary manually but at the time the player is actually drafted.

Don't hold your breath for #2, I and others have asked for it for years, no dice unfortunately.

As for #1, this is actually pretty easy to do if you're doing it per round.  I've been doing it for years.  I do it for contracts which we set equal to the round drafted.

Go to the edit players/salaries page and set the default to what you want for round 1.  1.8 mil in your case.  Draft round 1.  Before starting round 2, go to that Edit players/salaries page again, change the default to 1.7 mil and draft round 2.  Rinse/repeat for your whole draft.   Once you get in the rhythm it will only take you a few seconds between rounds to set things up.    When you're done all players are up to date and you don't have to manually do anything after the draft.  Saves a bunch of time.

KEY....when you edit the default salary/contract...do NOT load the page back up.  Just sit on the page that comes up and when you're ready then click "previous page" link to load it back up.  This will make sure all the players you just drafted keep their set amounts and don't get wiped out.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users