Waivers vs Add/Drop settings

2 replies to this topic

#1 toy4x4

toy4x4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 11:24 AM

Looking at the FAQ, I'm trying to accomplish #6. I want All players to be locked between the time they play and the next waiver wire (Wed at noon).

1. Lock All Free Agents Each Week On - Set a specific date/time to lock the FA's each week. This is used typically to lock all players at the start of a week to then have them go on waivers.

Since there is no setting for the above under the Basic Add/Drop Setup, I think I need to add a weekly calendar event on Monday night during the game to Lock All Free Agents.

So combining the calendar event above with the setting below, all players will be locked until the next waiver wire processing.

Prevent Owners From Making ANY Add/Drops Between Kickoff of that player's game and the end of the last game of the week?    
Yes

Sound correct?

I want all players to lock when their team's game starts

They can be added to the waiver between this time and the waiver executes on Wednesday at noon.

After the waivers are processes, they can be add/dropped via First Come/First Serve until their game starts. 

Rinse, repeat.

#2 bonscott

bonscott

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 11:40 AM

I think you're on the right path, it's exactly how I run my league (and how most leagues are).  I'll try to simplify it below, this assume all players that are dropped during the week have to go thru waivers the following week.

On the General add/drop setup page:

Set dropped players to lock until Mon 9pm

Yes to Prevent owners from making any add/drops after kickoff

Lock all free agents at Mon 9pm

It may help to delete what you have now (option at the top of that page) then enter in the above settings.

Shouldn't need any custom events at all, unless you're doing something more advanced.  I personally add "description" custom events to make very clear to my owners what's going on.  So I add "Waiver requests begin" Mon at 9pm and "FCFS Begins" Wed 7pm" so that they are really clear what is happening.

This will ensure all players are locked after the games and must go thru waivers which will run whenever you designate (say Wed 7pm for example).  Once waivers run then all players will unlock automatically and be available for FCFS, other then players dropped in waivers of course which will be locked until the following week.

If I've mistaken something someone will come along and correct me.

#3 toy4x4

toy4x4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 11:46 AM

BING BING BING!!!

The winner:

It may help to delete what you have now (option at the top of that page) then enter in the above settings.

I was wondering where all the settings were!!! TY!!!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users