UCanCallMeMitch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,579 posts

• 2020 MFL: 21666
  • , 61298

Posted 13 July 2020 - 08:27 AM

Someone correct me if I'm wrong - but if the player is not playing for any reason then the NFL Inactive Report will list him as out - normally a qualifier to be eligible for IR

ldsportslogoindex_32x32.png  LuckyDog Sports 
" Fantasy Fun For Football Fanatics "

#17 Pappy

Pappy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 05:57 PM

Recently I had asked for a 6th choice on the Injured Reserve Setup page specifically for "IR-COVID" and was basically told that wasn't happening and apparently, instead, it will be some manual effort on my part to 'herd cats'.  We don't use IR in our league but realized this year that would have to change.  But we don't want physically injured players included.  ONLY players with virus issues of any kind.  I'm holding out hope something can be done programmatically to handled this for commissioners.

#18 UCanCallMeMitch

UCanCallMeMitch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,579 posts

• , 61298

Posted 02 August 2020 - 08:35 PM

Question - Does the NFL have a separate COVID report like the Inactives report?  If so, where's it at?

I know there are other sites that list players out because of the virus, but I'm looking for the 'official' report.

#19 Brute Squad

Brute Squad

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 03 August 2020 - 05:10 PM

From SI.com:

"At the beginning of the week, the NFL introduced a new type of transaction that will go into effect this season, that being a Reserve/COVID-19 list."

So if it is a new type of "transaction", I assume it will appear on the NFL's "transactions" page...but maybe not until the season begins:

https://www.nfl.com/transactions/

www.jorgalink.com

#20 bonscott

bonscott

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,880 posts

Posted 03 August 2020 - 07:38 PM

Just to note...all my leagues have decided to suspend this year and not play.  It's just too much of a mess to every try to bother with it (at least all of us agree in my leagues).  Just like you're seeing in MLB, you're going to have cancelled games, forfeits, lots of players in quarantine.  We're just not going to deal with it and taking a year off.

I wish you all good luck!

#21 Pillpusher

Pillpusher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 August 2020 - 07:37 AM

Funny, I just put in a ticket requesting the same thing. Take a look at Kenny Galloday's MFL page. It clearly states his injury status as "IR-COVID". Now that the designation exists in the system, and it's clearly something that a lot of people want, there is absolutely no reason they shouldn't be able to add this option to the IR settings. I commish two leagues, and simply don't have time to go around policing 23 other teams' IR lists every week.

#22 BobA

BobA

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

• 2020 MFL: 44355

Posted 05 August 2020 - 07:37 PM

Just to note...all my leagues have decided to suspend this year and not play.  It's just too much of a mess to every try to bother with it (at least all of us agree in my leagues).  Just like you're seeing in MLB, you're going to have cancelled games, forfeits, lots of players in quarantine.  We're just not going to deal with it and taking a year off.

I wish you all good luck!

Interesting. We are on the fence at the moment. Pushing ahead for now but if it goes sideways I wouldn't hesitate to pull the plug. My league is old friends who have been through strikes and shortened seasons and with nothing other than a trophy and bragging rights on the line we can stop without worrying about refunds, etc.

Slightly off-topic I guess but I'm in two baseball leagues and I wish the commissioners had listened to me and not tried it this 'season'. It's a mess. A few days ago I had about half players of my 26 man roster on one team involved in postponed games, sitting out the year, or hurt due to the silly training camp they attempted.

2020 League Home

The Ed Hughes Football League, Since 1980
2020...Our 41st Season!! 

----------
"Yes, well, everybody in Casablanca has problems. Yours may work out." -Rick Blaine

#23 UCanCallMeMitch

UCanCallMeMitch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,579 posts

• , 61298

Posted 09 August 2020 - 04:27 AM

There wasn't an official announcement from MFL (at least I didn't see it) where they have added options to the Injured reserve and taxi squad to handle players with the virus or have been exposed to it.

Here's the link to their explanation --> https://www50.myfant...H=covid&L=61298

I'm still digesting it to see how I want to handle the new designation.

I would like to hear from anyone who has already has these in place on how you are managing it.

#24 HedgeHog

HedgeHog

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • Interests:Theater, Las Vegas, Blackjack, Poker

Posted 09 August 2020 - 07:38 AM

We use an unlimited IR anyway (well, limited to players actually LISTED as on IR or out) so the addition of the Covid option (at risk or otherwise) simply allows us to move designated players off of our active roster (25 man limit.)  We're still discussing how to handle our contracts.  One school has proposed that designated players NOT lose their contract year. The other school proposes that only the at risk players not lose the year.

No idea what those of you with a limited IR are gonna do.  Perhaps set up a taxi squad for Covid cases?

There IS no "Off Season"

#25 Pillpusher

Pillpusher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 06:49 AM

There wasn't an official announcement from MFL (at least I didn't see it) where they have added options to the Injured reserve and taxi squad to handle players with the virus or have been exposed to it.

Here's the link to their explanation --> https://www50.myfant...H=covid&L=61298

I'm still digesting it to see how I want to handle the new designation.

I would like to hear from anyone who has already has these in place on how you are managing it.

Nice. I had requested they add an option for ONLY allowing COVID players onto the IR. It seems that this may be their solution. I re-opened my support ticket to clarify with them to make sure this is the case. If so, I'll probably allow unlimited IR slots, but ONLY for players on the COVID list (we don't normally have an IR), and set it so lineups can not be submitted with an ineligible, non-COVID listed, player on their IR.

#26 UCanCallMeMitch

UCanCallMeMitch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,579 posts

• , 61298

Posted 11 August 2020 - 03:46 AM

MFL just announced (Commissioner News) of the new COVID-19 options for the IR and TS.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users