Photo

Is There A Way To Remove The Mouse Hover Dialogs?

hover css

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 johnyo

johnyo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 09:54 AM

When I hover over the main menu (League, Schedule, Standings, etc) in the league below, occasionally (not always) a hover dialog pops up that says: "Drag and drop this tab to re-arrange the order". To date, I've been using Chrome's developer tool's and the "inspect" function to obtain the class etc of each element so that I can edit / hide as necessary, but the Chrome inspector does not recognize the hover dialog and instead picks up what is behind it.

So my question is - what element do I disable / hide in order to get rid of this function?

This is regarding my test site here: http://www2.myfantas...14/home/75629#0

And my CSS template is here: http://www2.myfantas...629_use_css.css

Thanks,

John

#2 DA-G-GURU

DA-G-GURU

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:14 AM

Curtesy of TOS :D , install the code to your footer page.

<script type="text/javascript">
$('#homepagetabs > li').removeAttr('title');$('#homepagetabs li').first().text('Home'); 
</script>

This bothered me also, and TOS wrote this to cure the problem.

Simply The Best in Grafix and CSS webdesign since 2005

www.dagrafixdesigns.com

---------------
Twitter @DA_Sticks

#3 johnyo

johnyo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:54 AM

Thanks for the reply!

I'll take a look at using this after work today.

#4 bonscott

bonscott

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,865 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 06:38 AM

Funny, in all these years I've never noticed it.  I have that feature turned off in the commish settings anyway.  But now that you've pointed it out I do see it on my leagues.  LOL

#5 DA-G-GURU

DA-G-GURU

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 06:41 AM

So your saying with the setting set to off or whatever, you still see the pop up? I never knew there was a setting either.

But yes with that script it kills the pop up hover, and it also provides the first tab name as HOME versus MAIN.....win win.

www.dagrafixdesigns.com

---------------
Twitter @DA_Sticks

#6 bonscott

bonscott

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,865 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 08:35 AM

So your saying with the setting set to off or whatever, you still see the pop up? I never knew there was a setting either.

But yes with that script it kills the pop up hover, and it also provides the first tab name as HOME versus MAIN.....win win.

Yea, the popup is there even with the setting to allow movable tabs set to off.  I've used that settings since the day MFL added it a few years ago.  But I've never noticed the popup, probably because I just click and go, I don't hover over the tab names long enough I guess.

#7 BEVO

BEVO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 03:03 PM

Interesting!.  Where do you find the setting?

Funny, in all these years I've never noticed it.  I have that feature turned off in the commish settings anyway.  But now that you've pointed it out I do see it on my leagues.  LOL

This fix worked great when applied to 4 of my five leagues.  It did not work for my DraftMaster league.  Perhaps something different about that type?

Thanks

Gary

4Aces FFL - Total Points League, where the luck factor is mitigated.  Check it out, Inquires welcome.

Royal Flush FFL - Total Points League, where the luck factor is mitigated.  Check it out, Inquires welcome.

#8 DA-G-GURU

DA-G-GURU

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 03:42 PM

If you have jquery in your header, it won't work TOS says...

www.dagrafixdesigns.com

---------------
Twitter @DA_Sticks

#9 theeohiostate

theeohiostate

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,405 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 03:55 PM

If you have jquery in your header, it won't work TOS says...

No
You have to have a jquery library loaded

FREE Player Cuts Collection
https://www.nitrogra...om/player-cuts/

#10 DA-G-GURU

DA-G-GURU

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 04:03 PM

Yeah want he said lol...

Just curious did each of you have jquery loaded???

www.dagrafixdesigns.com

---------------
Twitter @DA_Sticks

#11 BEVO

BEVO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:25 PM

I have no jquery in my header/footer.  Except for colors, the HPM code & CSS is the same across all sites.  Tabs are different. Where do you find the setting mentioned above?

Thanks

Gary

4Aces FFL - Total Points League, where the luck factor is mitigated.  Check it out, Inquires welcome.

Royal Flush FFL - Total Points League, where the luck factor is mitigated.  Check it out, Inquires welcome.

#12 theeohiostate

theeohiostate

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,405 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 07:21 PM

I have no jquery in my header/footer.  Except for colors, the HPM code & CSS is the same across all sites.  Tabs are different. Where do you find the setting mentioned above?

Thanks

Gary

The script requires a jQuery library loaded - so impossible to work on any site without it loaded.

in a header message place this 

<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.11.0/jquery.min.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">
$('#homepagetabs > li').removeAttr('title');
$('#homepagetabs li').first().text('Home');
</script> 

FREE Player Cuts Collection
https://www.nitrogra...om/player-cuts/

#13 BEVO

BEVO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 02:20 PM

The script requires a jQuery library loaded - so impossible to work on any site without it loaded. in a header message place this ...

Your right.  I misunderstood the terminology being used.  I found jquery library references in my scoreboard and player news HPM.  The messages I use for header/footer do not have jquery messages.  I guess I never understood that (library) code in all HPM's is shared.  The one site that did not work, does not have those the scoreboard or player news HPM.  I added your library reference above to that sites HPM and it works fine now.

Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks

Gary