21 replies to this topic

#1 finsfan99

finsfan99

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 09:42 AM

Morning what happens if the league is canceled or shortened by the NFL do we get a refund or a discount for next year? I would just like to know before paying the site fees.. Scott I think it's a fair question. Thanks

#2 UFFLCommish

UFFLCommish

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 07:36 PM

https://twitter.com/...751839961292802

#3 BobA

BobA

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

• 2020 MFL: 44355

Posted 16 May 2020 - 11:07 PM

MFL has been around for a good, long while and I think they intend to stay around, so.... I'd guess that there is about a zero chance that they would stiff you for the league fees if the NFL doesn't play the 2020 season. They'll likely put a refund/rollover option into the works. Maybe a partial refund/credit if the NFL season is cut below X% of the 17 weeks.

2020 League Home

The Ed Hughes Football League, Since 1980
2020...Our 41st Season!! 

----------
"Yes, well, everybody in Casablanca has problems. Yours may work out." -Rick Blaine

#4 finsfan99

finsfan99

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 11:21 PM

I been here since 2005. Run 6 leagues. I'm sure I've been here longer than most so... I never said stiff. I just wondered how it would be handled.. Fair question. Scott

#5 Brute Squad

Brute Squad

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 03:44 PM

The mods don't really post anymore in these forums...mostly just users.  So I'd say send an email to support, or post a question on their twitter feed.  Odds are they may not have a contingency plan in place just yet, but it never hurts to ask.

www.jorgalink.com

#6 UFFLCommish

UFFLCommish

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 06:35 PM

Already done.

https://twitter.com/...751839961292802

#7 Brute Squad

Brute Squad

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 07:54 PM

I couldn't get the link to work previously...

MFL's Answer:

"We’ll have a full policy in place within the next few weeks with plenty of time in place before early-bird discount."

www.jorgalink.com

#8 bonscott

bonscott

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,882 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 06:23 AM

I'm not worried, either a refund or rollover is what I would expect.

In any case, for those that don't know, you can still set up your league now.  You don't have to pay until the season begins and you want scoring.  So don't be afraid to get things set up and then just wait to pay until MFL has a policy statement or you're confident in the season going ahead. 

Personally I don't think there is any way there won't be a season.  Full stadiums with fans?  Doubtful.  But certainly a season.  Biggest rumor/idea I've seen the NFL float is a 4 week delay.  They start week 5 in October and move weeks 1-4 to the end of the season to essentially become weeks 14-17 and then have the SuperBowl in late Feb.  But we'll see.

#9 Brute Squad

Brute Squad

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 06:30 PM

Yeah, hard to imagine no NFL games, especially if there's no NBA or MLB...the TV ratings would be huge, and I would think, very profitable.

www.jorgalink.com

#10 elshagon

elshagon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 10:36 PM

Problem is that not only could a second wave hit that changes things rapidly, but we've always held live drafts.  Somehow I think a lot of leagues may drop because I'm sure like me it may be harder to get owners organized for a draft over video call.  Maybe they should just sell this year at a heavier discount because of the uncertainty.  

#11 Brute Squad

Brute Squad

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 09:20 AM

Generally speaking, I think MFL users are a little more hard-core than the average because there are free sites available to run leagues (though they tend to suck, so if you care at all, you pay for your league site).

I'm guessing MFL will offer something like a proportional refund/credit (like 1/16 x league fee) for each week not played.

If you can't get everyone online for a live video draft, I would suggest doing a slow-draft with an 8-hour time limit (suspended from Midnight - 6am). I do several online money leagues that are hosted at MFL that draft that way and it works very well and takes about 10-14 days to complete depending on league size and "attentiveness" of owners.

www.jorgalink.com

#12 bonscott

bonscott

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,882 posts

Posted 26 May 2020 - 05:57 AM

My two local leagues always do live drafts as well.  We've already discussed this in my league.  If for some reason social distancing is still strict end of August then we'll take over more tables in the bar and spread out (we know the owner, not a problem).

If we had to we'll just do it over hangout/zoom/skype and draft live on the MFL web site which works plenty fine and thousands of league do online live drafts.  We could also do an email draft as well, easy enough.

Not really worried, it will go the way it goes.  We'll deal with it.

#13 BobA

BobA

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

• 2020 MFL: 44355

Posted 26 May 2020 - 09:45 AM

My league has survived two player lockouts/strikes, a tornado that wrecked my house and cost us a week, Hurricane Harvey which canceled our live draft, an emergency gall bladder surgery (mine) which canceled a live draft, and having a dead guy selected with the first overall pick (David Overstreet in 1984). We'll adapt if we need to. :D

2020 League Home

The Ed Hughes Football League, Since 1980
2020...Our 41st Season!! 

----------
"Yes, well, everybody in Casablanca has problems. Yours may work out." -Rick Blaine

#14 HedgeHog

HedgeHog

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Interests:Theater, Las Vegas, Blackjack, Poker

Posted 26 May 2020 - 06:00 PM

Well Said BobA.  You've got us by 5 years but we've also been through a lot, including having an owner die mid-season.  Being the only owner in the league to lose to a dead guy is NOT a distinction you want.

Dealing with that stuff, keeping your owners informed and happy - that's what makes us good at this thing we love.

There IS no "Off Season"

#15 habman

habman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,780 posts

• 2020 MFL: 55681
  • , 18835

Posted 29 May 2020 - 12:26 PM

Refund Policy Posted

• If you purchase your MFL league and the NFL cancels the 2020 season completely, then your league payment will be automatically carried over to the 2021 season.
  • If the NFL plays at least 7 weeks of the season (whether it is a continuous 7 weeks or broken up into several periods), then we will consider it to be a full season, and your MFL purchase will be considered as payment for the 2020 fantasy season as usual.
  • If the NFL plays at least 1 week, but less than 7 weeks, then we will consider it to be a partial season, and your league payment will be carried over to the 2021 season.
  • We've always had a flexible refund policy through Week #4 of the season, but we've updated it for clarity since the 2020 season has the potential to be an unusual one:
    • You can request a full refund if you won't be using your league for the 2020 season, but refund requests must be made before the season starts. After the NFL season kicks off with their first official game, then your payment will be considered to be applied to the league for the 2020 season, and the above policies for your payment will be in effect.
    • Any refund requests received after the NFL seasons starts will only be eligible to receive 50% of the purchase price.
    • As always, refunds are only available until week #4 of the season. After week 4, then refunds are no longer available.

My MFL scripts . . . . . . . . http://www.habman.com/mfl/

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users