10 replies to this topic

#1 RichieW13

RichieW13

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 11:12 AM

If I traded for Team X's first round pick in 2019, but that team drops out of our league, and we contract the franchise, will I still have that first round pick in 2019?

#2 UCanCallMeMitch

UCanCallMeMitch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts

• 2019 MFL: 38948
  • , 64543

Posted 06 November 2018 - 10:38 AM

What does your League Rules say?

In my league where future picks are Traded, those Owners who trade away a 1st or 2nd Round future pick have to pay $25 to be applied toward the Entry Fee for the appropriate year.  Its non-refundable if he drops out of the League and makes it easier to find a replacement because of the reduced cost to the new Owner.

ldsportslogoindex_32x32.png  LuckyDog Sports 

" Fantasy Fun For Football Fanatics "

#3 RichieW13

RichieW13

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 11:29 AM

I was asking from the standpoint of the way the MFL website works.

#4 bonscott

bonscott

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,865 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 01:25 PM

MFL would do nothing.  It doesn't know if a new owner took over the team or someone leaves.

#5 habman

habman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,738 posts

• 2019 MFL: 55681
  • , 18835

Posted 06 November 2018 - 01:34 PM

I think the OP is saying that the team that traded the pick folds ie no longer exists due to contraction of the league If so then what happens to the future pick that was traded?

I would assume the asset disappears. Probably have to add a compensatory pick somehow
My MFL scripts . . . . . . . . http://www.habman.com/mfl/

#6 RichieW13

RichieW13

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 01:41 PM

I think the OP is saying that the team that traded the pick folds ie no longer exists due to contraction of the league If so then what happens to the future pick that was traded?

I would assume the asset disappears. Probably have to add a compensatory pick somehow

Yes, that is what I am asking.

I was assuming the picks would just disappear, but not positive.

#7 habman

habman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,738 posts

• , 18835

Posted 06 November 2018 - 02:04 PM

Actually I think it might be more complicated since everything is based on franchise id’s

If you are a 12 team league and franchise 0012 folds then it is simple. However if any other franchise folds, say franchise 0006, then you may have a mess on your hands. An 11 team league will have franchises 0001 to 0011. You will have to convert franchise 0012 assets to 0006 and then deal with the assets from the original 0006 (the defunct franchise). Probably a question for support

#8 HedgeHog

HedgeHog

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
  • Interests:Theater, Las Vegas, Blackjack, Poker

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:39 PM

habmans' correct .... team #'s get jumbled and it's a MESS.  We dealt with this a season ago.  I saved all the "traded draft pick" information at the end of the season A, then instead of allowing the system to "update traded draft picks" at the set up of season B I set up the draft order, then adjusted each round to reflect traded picks.  To accommodate those owners who were in possession of picks from a franchise that no longer existed those picks were added at the END of the respective round.

as always I'll be glad to answer any further questions.

There IS no "Off Season"

#9 habman

habman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,738 posts

• , 18835

Posted 09 November 2018 - 10:09 PM

If it were my league and contraction was certain I would go into next season with all of the current franchises.  I would remove all the players from the defunct franchise to get them back into the player pool.

I would then hold my draft or drafts if there is both a rookie draft and regular draft and simply skip the picks for the defunct franchise.

Once that is done I would deal with reducing the number of franchises in the league.  Maybe duplicate the league and test it out on that duplicate site first before doing it to the actual league. 

You should first however contact support as they may be able to do it for you on the back end.

#10 RichieW13

RichieW13

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 04:32 PM

If it were my league and contraction was certain I would go into next season with all of the current franchises.  I would remove all the players from the defunct franchise to get them back into the player pool.

I would then hold my draft or drafts if there is both a rookie draft and regular draft and simply skip the picks for the defunct franchise.

Once that is done I would deal with reducing the number of franchises in the league.  Maybe duplicate the league and test it out on that duplicate site first before doing it to the actual league. 

You should first however contact support as they may be able to do it for you on the back end.

I like that idea. Thanks.

#11 HedgeHog

HedgeHog

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
  • Interests:Theater, Las Vegas, Blackjack, Poker

Posted 15 November 2018 - 03:16 PM

I like it too.  Where the hell were you last year when I was panicking?!

There IS no "Off Season"

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users