Photo

MFL 2019 - Please undo player page change (no popups)

4 replies to this topic

#1 Unpossible42

Unpossible42

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 12:50 AM

When clicking on a player, a new popup appears with limited information.  To see more information, you have to make an additional click.  This opens up a new page in the same window.  You can't open in a new window.  This means, for instance, if I'm in the trade page and looking at different players, I can't just middle-click multiple players and have them open in additional windows and browse them all to get the info I need ... I have to constantly leave the trades page and view players one at a time while taking multiple clicks each time (eg, open popup, open player window, back out of it, click on new player, click on popup, back out of it, etc ... that's three from trades to get player info to back to trades and I can't view both at the same time).

This is not fun and very user unfriendly.  Why would you limit us to only having one page open?

How did this even make it past basic functionality testing?

We haven't paid for 2019 yet, and this nearly breaks trading for us.  Please revert or make it better. 

e54amo1.png

#2 bonscott

bonscott

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,793 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 06:37 AM

In another thread someone posted that you can turn the popup functionality off.  I'd think all you'd need to do is that.  I personally haven't upgraded yet (I usually don't until May) so I can't tell you for sure where the option is, but I think it's in Report and security settings.

#3 mtjerr

mtjerr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 08:33 AM

I agree completely!

This change has a huge negative impact, I cant even imagine, how much more time it will take for me to do my scouting and researching, which by far is my biggest time consumer. 

I can see how the popup is useful, but not at the expense of loosing the "new tab" option.

Can you make the "new tab" work as usually instead of the "about:blank" it would be perfect. Have seen it work elsewhere.

As bonscott says there is an option to turn it of, but only at a league level, would be nice to have at user level.

#4 quickolas1

quickolas1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 11:47 AM

We haven't paid for 2019 yet, and this nearly breaks trading for us.  Please revert or make it better.

Foot in mouth... complaining about testing functionality and reverting it when you didn't bother to check if it's a revocable setting.

#5 Unpossible42

Unpossible42

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 11:38 AM

Foot in mouth... complaining about testing functionality and reverting it when you didn't bother to check if it's a revocable setting.

Not really a foot in mouth moment.  I didn't think to check "reports and security" ... it's neither a report nor a security issue.  But thanks for being a dick, unlike Bonscott who was very nice and just helped solve the problem without having to act superior to everybody else.

Seems like an obscure place to put it, anyhow.

And if there's going to be a change, then put out a change notice with a note on how to turn it on and off.  That's pretty basic.

Must every user in the world have to search all 80+ settings pages to find something that could be solved with a simple notice at the time of the change?

e54amo1.png

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users