Photo

Why did MFL award Kliff Kingsbury points?

3 replies to this topic

#1 thunderfrog42

thunderfrog42

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

• 2021 MFL: 40508

Posted 18 October 2021 - 05:26 AM

We use coaches as a position in our league.  If a coach gets a win, he earns points.  The team that has Kliff Kingsbury was awarded points this week.  I'm guessing just an MFL oversight ?  In the past, if a coach was out (for personal reasons, hospitalized, suspended, etc) he was not awarded points, even if his team won....  Thoughts ??

#2 theeohiostate

theeohiostate

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,325 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 05:48 AM

how the hell would any of us know , this is a question for MFL support

All the scripts I post were created by Habman , with some small contributions from myself. The man has done an outstanding job giving the community a variety of options to enhance the site. Thank you sir !!

#3 thunderfrog42

thunderfrog42

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 05:53 AM

how the hell would any of us know , this is a question for MFL support

Didn't know if maybe MFL had changed something this year that I may have missed, and that maybe other members were aware of.... But thanks for your thoughtful response.

#4 thunderfrog42

thunderfrog42

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 11:29 AM

For anyone interested - MFL's response was thus  "He is still the head coach of the team, even though he is out with Covid, so he will still accumulate the points this week if your league uses the Head Coach position"

I am 99.8% positive that in the past, when a coach has been suspended, in the hospital, or missed the game for personal reasons, (i.e. he was not physically on the field for the game) he was NOT awarded points for his NFL team's win.  If anyone out there had this happen to them and can recall a specific instance, please post. 

It seems to me that MFL has undergone some significant changes to their support personnel, and some of the responses I've gotten over the past year or so don't seem like they're coming from a position of knowledge.  Senior users who frequently post on this board like Bonscott, et al seem to be more knowledgeable about the MFL software than some of their own techies.  

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users