Photo

Overview App

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
142 replies to this topic

#16 bonscott

bonscott

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,780 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 07:02 AM

Looking pretty good so far. Here are a few initial comments.

Found on my main league here: http://football10.my...2008/home/14976
Overview tab. Using Footballguys skin. And please don't be offended by some stuff on the page. It's rivalry week in my league so it's been pretty wild on the message board and chat. ;)

1) The Fantasy pts columns for me all say n/a. My league uses 2 decimal places while yours uses 1 so that might be why.

2) Can you have an option to show the contract? And if so, will the column heading take what you custom name it? For example we call our contract "KN".

3) On the first Overview tab the GameTime seems to flow to 2 lines which makes each row double height.

4) On the Schedule tab, the header row on top seems to be one column short. Perhaps because I have no salary showing?

5) The popup for player news and stuff appears to popup in the old MFL default skin. Not a big deal but any way to make that be your own skin?

EDIT:
6) Also noticing that the fantasy points for the projections doesn't always load up the first time. If you switch to a different team and then back it loads up.

#17 posty

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 07:17 AM

:blackdot:

#18 habman

habman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 08:36 AM

Not sure what that means.

On your site in IE there is an error but in Firefox it seems to be working. I got that IE error once in a while testing but on your site it seems to happen everytime. Leave it there for now and I will see if I can get it corrected.
My MFL scripts . . . . . . . . http://www.habman.com/mfl/

#19 posty

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 08:48 AM

On your site in IE there is an error but in Firefox it seems to be working. I got that IE error once in a while testing but on your site it seems to happen everytime. Leave it there for now and I will see if I can get it corrected.

That means (from another board) that I can now search for threads that I have replied in so when you update this wonderful script, I can find it much easier...

#20 bonscott

bonscott

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,780 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 08:50 AM

Yea, I've had a couple owners tell me it doesn't work. Found out they were using IE. Same thing happens to me in IE as well, some script errors.

And the "blackdot" means you posted in a thread so that the icon on the main forum shows up that you replied to it making it easier to see. Typically comes from footballguys where the icon appears as an envelope with a black dot in the middle. And there is a smiley icon of a smiley holding a sign with a blackdot in it.

And yes, it's scary that I know this. ;)

#21 habman

habman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:09 AM

Yea, I've had a couple owners tell me it doesn't work. Found out they were using IE. Same thing happens to me in IE as well, some script errors.

And the "blackdot" means you posted in a thread so that the icon on the main forum shows up that you replied to it making it easier to see. Typically comes from footballguys where the icon appears as an envelope with a black dot in the middle. And there is a smiley icon of a smiley holding a sign with a blackdot in it.

And yes, it's scary that I know this. ;)

Okay thanks for the info.

I have tweaked the code so that it should now work everytime in IE without causing any unnecessary lag in Firefox.

Tell your owners to do a CTRL-F5 to clear their cache and they should be good to go. I am still working on the other issues/suggestions that you made earlier.

#22 bonscott

bonscott

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,780 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 11:02 AM

Okay thanks for the info.

I have tweaked the code so that it should now work everytime in IE without causing any unnecessary lag in Firefox.

Tell your owners to do a CTRL-F5 to clear their cache and they should be good to go. I am still working on the other issues/suggestions that you made earlier.

Works in IE on my machine. One of my owners who works in the same office was still having issues for some reason. I did have him clear his cache and force a reload. I'll try it in IE at home tonight.

And seeing how sluggish IE is on my page only reconfirms how much I think IE sucks. ;)

#23 mays66

mays66

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 06:46 PM

Habman,

I am using Firefox and everything is looking good except for the projections tab> fantasy points column is showing all zeroes.

#24 habman

habman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 06:49 PM

Habman,

I am using Firefox and everything is looking good except for the projections tab> fantasy points column is showing all zeroes.

Yes there are issues with the projections. I will look at it more closely tomorrow.

#25 habman

habman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 10:04 AM

Looking pretty good so far. Here are a few initial comments.

Found on my main league here: http://football10.my...2008/home/14976
Overview tab. Using Footballguys skin. And please don't be offended by some stuff on the page. It's rivalry week in my league so it's been pretty wild on the message board and chat. :)

1) The Fantasy pts columns for me all say n/a. My league uses 2 decimal places while yours uses 1 so that might be why.

2) Can you have an option to show the contract? And if so, will the column heading take what you custom name it? For example we call our contract "KN".

3) On the first Overview tab the GameTime seems to flow to 2 lines which makes each row double height.

4) On the Schedule tab, the header row on top seems to be one column short. Perhaps because I have no salary showing?

5) The popup for player news and stuff appears to popup in the old MFL default skin. Not a big deal but any way to make that be your own skin?

EDIT:
6) Also noticing that the fantasy points for the projections doesn't always load up the first time. If you switch to a different team and then back it loads up.

1) This has been corrected
2) I have added an icon that has a mouseover popup box which will display all contract details if a contract is in place
3) This has been corrected
4) This has been corrected
5) I have updated the script to accept the CSS from a leagues site for the popup
6) Projections should now load every time (not saying they are correct only that they will load)

You may need to do a CTRL-F5 to see all these changes.

#26 joe.commish

joe.commish

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 01:45 PM

Hi Habman. Totally minor thing here but I can't figure out how to get the little black line to disappear when I force the margin on the .habClicktoStart for this overview application (it's on my owner's desk tab). If I don't force the margin (I gave that area its own ID on my page -- #overview .habClickToStart {padding-left: 20px;} ), the click to start link is too far left on my page so I have to push it left.

Anyway to make that start out in the center by default? Or just a way to have the black line not appear. I can't seem to find the ID that will make it not display. It does not do that with other applications when I have done this before.

Thanks a bunch, this is a terrific application.
Codes, Applications and CSS tweaks -- http://forums.myfant...showtopic=23490

#27 habman

habman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 03:04 PM

Hi Habman. Totally minor thing here but I can't figure out how to get the little black line to disappear when I force the margin on the .habClicktoStart for this overview application (it's on my owner's desk tab). If I don't force the margin (I gave that area its own ID on my page -- #overview .habClickToStart {padding-left: 20px;} ), the click to start link is too far left on my page so I have to push it left.

Anyway to make that start out in the center by default? Or just a way to have the black line not appear. I can't seem to find the ID that will make it not display. It does not do that with other applications when I have done this before.

Thanks a bunch, this is a terrific application.

There is a div that holds the "Click to start" feature in this app. The id to that div is "habOverviewTabs". Try using css to target that div. This div also contains the tabbed contents after it has been clicked so I am not sure how that will effect that code.

Another suggestion would be to put an opening div tag <div style="text-align: center;"> before the start of the code to this app and a closing div tag </div> at the end of the code and try centering it that way.

One other suggestion for your site with regards to this app. I notice that when I click on the news icons that there is a black background in the popup window. Well there are also links to stats and player bios in the popup window that are also black and cannot be seen because of the lack of contrast.

In my popup window I have just added an id to the body tag named habPopupWindow. Maybe you can target this id to change the background colour of the popup window by adding the proper code to your custom css file.

Forget what I just said above. I did leave the body tag in but I will put those links in a table in case others have this same issue.

#28 joe.commish

joe.commish

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 07:45 PM

Another suggestion would be to put an opening div tag <div style="text-align: center;"> before the start of the code to this app and a closing div tag </div> at the end of the code and try centering it that way.

Ding, ding, ding. That was the ticket. Thanks for setting me straight. Sometimes I tend to make things a little more complicated than they are. :)

Thanks again. I'll be throwing a donation your way here before too long. I need to get a job first though. :angry:
Codes, Applications and CSS tweaks -- http://forums.myfant...showtopic=23490

#29 braven112

braven112

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 11:42 PM

I'd really like to place the app on my team pages as opposed to the home page and only show that team. Would it be possible to add a variable where you could specify what team you wanted to display?

MFLaddons.com, your home for MFL templates and graphics.

Visit MFL.football for a free mobile friendly MFL template.

#30 habman

habman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 02:34 AM

I'd really like to place the app on my team pages as opposed to the home page and only show that team. Would it be possible to add a variable where you could specify what team you wanted to display?

Obviously the code will have to go in either the header or most likely the footer home page message. The code will require some tweaking but I think I can come up with something.

Let me work out the rest of the bugs and I will get back to you on this.