UCanCallMeMitch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts

• 2019 MFL: 38948
  • , 64543

Posted 25 May 2019 - 04:12 AM

I had cut back the number of leagues and contests I oversee this year, but when I explored the 'Guillotine' format, I became excited, (no, not in that way), and decided maybe I should go ahead and put together such a league if I can find seventeen die-hards that are up to the task. 

According to Paul Charchian  "A Guillotine league is a fantasy football eliminator league in which the lowest scoring team is eliminated each week, but the twist is that the eliminated franchise's players become free agents available to all the other remaining franchises."

Its a close cousin of the US of A 'Survivor' league that I have been running since the 90's.

Here's the basics for LuckyDog's version -

• 17 franchises
  • One division
  • Total points league without a weekly head-to-head schedule
  • Lowest scoring franchise is eliminated weekly.
  • Eliminated franchise's players are returned to free agency and all the remaining franchises may bid for them
  • All teams are comprised of 14 player -1 QB, 4 RBs, 5 WRs, 2 TEs,1 PK and 1 DST/ST Franchises
  • A Franchise will start 10 players - 1 QB,  2 RBs, 3WRs, 1 TE, 1 PK, 1 DST/ST and 1 Flex Player (RB, WR or TE)
  • A serpentine / snake will be held where draft positions will be randomly assigned.
  • Besides the draft, players may only be acquired through Blind Bidding three times a week
  • Each franchise will have $1,000 to bid on players for the entire season
  • There is no first-come-first-served, waivers, trading,  injured reserve or a taxi-squad
  • The entry fee is $33 (via Zelle). FYI - I've distributed over $100,000 over the years and LeagueSafe payment fee's can be an extraordinary 4% (ouch!) and don't forget their fees to withdraw your winnings.
  • Its winner take-all; about $500
  • The entry fee will be due immediately on acceptance and when the league is filled.

What makes this format so special is the weekly waiver wire. Every week, stud players will end up hitting
free agency and -

• Will you send big bucks when an elite player hits free agency?
  • Do you hold back money, knowing that each week, increasingly great players are going will  become available as franchises are eliminated?
  • Will you bid wildly to cover your bye weeks?
  • There's going to lots of twists, turns and decisions to be made.  All of which will add to the  excitement of this league.

So, what do you think?  Wanna play?

If yes, send me an E-Mail or PM me and we'll go from there.   Spots will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.

-- Mitch

Really Mitch? Chapped?  Should be "Chopped By LuckyDog Sports" . Then again maybe 'Chapped' is appropriate since that's what one might feel if he/she was cut in the first couple of weeks  :)

ldsportslogoindex_32x32.png  LuckyDog Sports 

" Fantasy Fun For Football Fanatics "

#2 UCanCallMeMitch

UCanCallMeMitch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts

• , 64543

Posted 25 May 2019 - 08:13 AM

Three spots left.  Hurry!

#3 UCanCallMeMitch

UCanCallMeMitch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts

• , 64543

Posted 25 May 2019 - 12:20 PM

One more left

#4 UCanCallMeMitch

UCanCallMeMitch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts

• , 64543

Posted 26 May 2019 - 09:34 AM

More likely than not, if I wait the last spot for the league will eventually find an Owner, but that being said,  I'm impatient.

So, here's the deal . . . 

If you are an armed forces veteran or currently serving and have never participated in any of my events you will receive $10 off the $33 ($23) entry fee by signing-up for Chopped By LuckyDog Sports.  BTW - I was/am a swabee,  (Stil walk like one)

This offer is open until the 17th spot is claimed.

Send me an E-Mail or PM me if you qualify.

#5 reyrey

reyrey

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 03:55 PM

Tits, didn't know you were a seabee mitch. I'm still active. CAN DO!

#6 UCanCallMeMitch

UCanCallMeMitch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts

• , 64543

Posted 31 May 2019 - 06:33 AM

Sorry for the delay reyrey - can you Send Me An E-Mail ?

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ProScore, US of A, Invitational, Guillotine, Survivor, Last Man Standing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users