136 replies to this topic

#91 theeohiostate

theeohiostate

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,314 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 08:46 PM

all browsers look the same to me , FF , IE , Chrome , IOS , Safari , all the same

your probably caching an old css file

make a habit of doing hard refreshes after loading new files , better yet , attach version numbers to any and ALL files , so your league mates see what you see

so many times i see people who customize their sites CSS , just load it up and walk away , not even realizing that the 11 or so other people in their league will be using the old cached css file for months

All the scripts I post were created by Habman , with some small contributions from myself. The man has done an outstanding job giving the community a variety of options to enhance the site. Thank you sir !!

#92 Skidmarks

Skidmarks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:F1, Hockey, Football obviously.

Posted 15 September 2020 - 08:48 PM

Thank you! This is a great improvement.

Is there a way to wrap the league scoreboard so you don't have to scroll horizontally?

https://www72.myfant...2020/home/33521

<edit>

I thought I had it with this:

#body_ajax_ls #other_games {
  table-layout: auto
}

...that seemed to work once, then went back to the scrolled layout.

#93 theeohiostate

theeohiostate

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,314 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 08:51 PM

Thank you! This is a great improvement.

Is there a way to wrap the league scoreboard so you don't have to scroll horizontally?

https://www72.myfant...2020/home/33521

the whole point is to be able to scroll the box scores so the appearance on mobile devices doesnt blow up the page

All the scripts I post were created by Habman , with some small contributions from myself. The man has done an outstanding job giving the community a variety of options to enhance the site. Thank you sir !!

#94 ethrec

ethrec

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 09:42 AM

Hi TOS, 

New to all this, but I dragged my group of Ohio boys from ESPN to MFL this year and the work you and Habman do is helping me prevent a revolt.  Haha.  

I just have a small question.  In the League Scores summary at the top, a couple of the losing teams' scores are green instead of red.  Is that just something I've messed up in the CSS?

https://www59.myfant...ajax_ls?L=74159

Thanks

#95 BobA

BobA

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

• 2021 MFL: 44355

Posted 16 September 2020 - 09:49 AM

Hi TOS, 

New to all this, but I dragged my group of Ohio boys from ESPN to MFL this year and the work you and Habman do is helping me prevent a revolt.  Haha.  

I just have a small question.  In the League Scores summary at the top, a couple of the losing teams' scores are green instead of red.  Is that just something I've messed up in the CSS?

https://www59.myfant...ajax_ls?L=74159

Thanks

I **think** that indicated over or under the teams' projected points based on projections from Fantasy Sharks(?). Works the same for individual players if I recall correctly.

EDIT...the legend for the colors is at the bottom of the scoreboard...red-below projection, green=above, black=exactly on projection.

2021 League Home

The Ed Hughes Football League, Since 1980
2021...Our 42nd Season!! 

----------
"Yes, well, everybody in Casablanca has problems. Yours may work out." -Rick Blaine

#96 theeohiostate

theeohiostate

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,314 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 11:21 AM

the green and red colors are for projected points as Bob said

your league is locked to guest so no point on the link

#97 BobA

BobA

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 08:23 AM

Question for ya TOS....

Monday a.m. I went in and pared down my .css file, got rid of background color changes, etc.  The enhanced board shows very well now. What I noticed yesterday (Wednesday) is that the 'Game' column doesn't appear until I do a refresh. Is that because there are no games going on? That would make sense but the fact that a refresh reveals the column has me wondering.  Is there a 'switch' I missed somewhere?

Thanks again for this. Big improvement on the standard board.

2021 League Home

2021...Our 42nd Season!! 

----------
"Yes, well, everybody in Casablanca has problems. Yours may work out." -Rick Blaine

#98 theeohiostate

theeohiostate

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,314 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 09:08 AM

game td cells should display if settings are set to checkbox the "Games" setting.  Settings are store in local storage by user and leagueID , so must be signed in 

#99 theeohiostate

theeohiostate

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,314 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 09:15 AM

you also should like the font awesome css to your site

#100 ethrec

ethrec

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 09:27 AM

Thanks Bob and TOS.  I saw the legend, just didn't connect the dots.  And sorry about the locked league, I thought I had opened it up before posting.  

#101 BobA

BobA

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 09:55 AM

game td cells should display if settings are set to checkbox the "Games" setting.  Settings are store in local storage by user and leagueID , so must be signed in 

OK, don't see the checkboxes in your enhanced board. I know they were displayed in the standard board at the bottom. And I have font awesome loaded into the same module I have the jquery in (header). FWIW I have checked the board as commish and owner and in both cases, the Games column appears and re-appears with a refresh.

Headed out but I'll dig into this more later. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. I usually do. B)

2021 League Home

2021...Our 42nd Season!! 

----------

#102 theeohiostate

theeohiostate

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,314 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 10:36 AM

OK, don't see the checkboxes in your enhanced board. I know they were displayed in the standard board at the bottom. And I have font awesome loaded into the same module I have the jquery in (header). FWIW I have checked the board as commish and owner and in both cases, the Games column appears and re-appears with a refresh.

Headed out but I'll dig into this more later. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. I usually do. B)

i see them on your site , click on the "Settings" link at the top , it drops down and there you have settings

#103 BobA

BobA

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 11:14 AM

Thanks. Ill check on my desktop but it appears to work. Oh, and thanks for not pointing out that Im an idiot.

2021 League Home

2021...Our 42nd Season!! 

----------

#104 jcdrummr

jcdrummr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 08:34 PM

Hey TOS, thank you for all your work on these scoreboards! We've been on 2017 since they were available, so I tried to update with the latest code and cannot seem to figure it out. All links have no protocol specified and all files have version numbers appended. I've even tried SSL and non-SSL settings. Not quite sure what I am missing and wondered if you might be able to have a look? I read the thread a few times, so sorry if I'm missing anything obvious.

#105 theeohiostate

theeohiostate

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,314 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 08:47 PM

New scoreboard replaces MFL live scoring page, its not a stand alone that can be linked to

Re read first post on thread on what to place in a footer or header message

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users