#1 theeohiostate

theeohiostate

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,450 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 02:51 PM

Might as well get this thread going

with MFL updates looming , might have some scripts break , so regardless of the script , make a post here if you happen to notice anything no working properly and we will take a look and get it fixed.

FREE Player Cuts Collection
https://www.nitrogra...om/player-cuts/

#2 theeohiostate

theeohiostate

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,450 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 04:28 PM

1. If your homepage layout is gone , MFL has forced the homepage layout to be created using their new form , so for leagues older then last season where you didn't update your layout using their new form , you will have to recreate your tabs layout.

2. API currently is down , so some of our scripts will not load , i'd imagine this will be back up tomorrow.....

#3 MARKinMI

MARKinMI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 09:32 PM

would the API being down be what's keeping the add on live scoreboard from loading?

this one:

<script>
var mflBoxStylesheetPath = "//www.nitrografixx.com/MFL-Scoreboard/skin/";
var mflBoxHomePageOnly = true;
var mflBoxDetails = true;
var mflBoxDeclareLiveWinner = true;

//MFL SCOREBOARD 
var mflBoxUseIcon = true; // if true will use mfl icon unless user-defined below has been set 
var mflBoxUseLogo = false; // if true will use mfl logo unless user-defined below has been set 
var mflBoxUseAbbrev = false; // if true will use mfl abbrev 
var mflBoxIconBase = ""; // user-defined image (example where images are mini0001.gif, mini0002.gif etc. use "http://www.myhost.com/images/mini") 
var mflBoxIconExt = ""; //user-defined extension (from example above use "gif") 

//NFL SCOREBOARD 
var mflBoxNFLLogoPath = "//www.nitrografixx.com/MFL-Popups/NFL-custom-logos/"; 
var mflBoxNFLLogoExt = "png"; 
</script> 

<script src="//www.nitrografixx.com/MFL-Mini-Scoreboard/mini_scoreboard.js"></script>

#4 habman

habman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,757 posts

• 2019 MFL: 55681
  • , 18835

Posted 04 February 2020 - 09:59 PM

would the API being down be what's keeping the add on live scoreboard from loading?

Yes.  The scoreboard uses the nflSchedule API which is down.

API's that do not require league id's ( nflSchedule , injuries , playerProfile etc.) are down for the moment.  Compare this to league specific API's ( rosters ,  schedule etc ) which are working.

I haven't sent in a ticket yet but if it's not back up in the morning I will do so.

My MFL scripts . . . . . . . . http://www.habman.com/mfl/

#5 habman

habman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,757 posts

• , 18835

Posted 04 February 2020 - 10:16 PM

I just ran a test and included the L parameter (league id) to the API calls that were failing and they work when it is included.

This is new and will be an easy fix for us but I first want to see if this is an error on MFL's end.  I did send in a support ticket.

EDIT TO ADD

I just got confirmation that this will be reverted back to it's previous implementation overnight.

#6 MARKinMI

MARKinMI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 10:57 PM

Thanks for the quick update and for the code... All of my leaguemates love this scoreboard

#7 habman

habman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,757 posts

• , 18835

Posted 05 February 2020 - 11:05 AM

We have a work-around for the player popup and mini-scoreboard.  If not working for you then do a CTRL-F5 to clear your cache.  If still not working then please post along with your league id and we'll have a look.

#8 DA-G-GURU

DA-G-GURU

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 11:29 AM

We have a work-around for the player popup and mini-scoreboard.  If not working for you then do a CTRL-F5 to clear your cache.  If still not working then please post along with your league id and we'll have a look.

I can confirm these are working as you say now. But i see one bug so far...

If you click on player news (full news) lets say on HOT PLAYER NEWS.....and let it pop up.......then close it out, and then go to the top (you have to be logged in a commish) and click on the circle Information icon, the player news is populating in the HMP message area... SEE ATTACHMENT

If you load the site fresh and click the information icon FIRST, you see only HPM message from MFL....it is only after you click player news icon first then the icon at the top, that the player information populates it.

This bug might have been here a while (years) i dont know as i just found it today testing these things out etc. It isnt major or anything guys, just a FYI more or less etc.

Also this error only shows up if there are NO MFL homepage message to be displayed.... if MFL is displaying messages, then it doesnt show up in the information pop up...just MFL own message itself....... delete MFL homepage message and it will populate that area with player news......  JUST FYI GUYS.....again not huge deal

Items i see that still need attention are, the old scoreboard, the new scoreboard (mfl last season), and over view app......... I think the contract app is working, but i cant 100% confirm that one.

news.png

Edited by DA-G-GURU, 05 February 2020 - 04:23 PM.

Simply The Best in Grafix and CSS webdesign since 2005

www.dagrafixdesigns.com

---------------
Twitter @DA_Sticks

#9 theeohiostate

theeohiostate

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,450 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 03:19 PM

its has acutally always been like that , i just noticed last week cause i always have info in the message popup so never noticed until i didnt

i added the fix i installed for popupv2  to the regular popup

refresh and it should be hidden

#10 theeohiostate

theeohiostate

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,450 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 03:28 PM

MFL reported they are working on API updates , changes , bug fixes and that it may take until April-May to get the API done.

With that said , it could be until that time we are able to finalize any edits needed to the scripts

So its a wait and see ........ no telling how long until we get all up and running ......... up to MFL at this point , we will do as fast as possible once we know the final verdict on the API plan they have for 2020

#11 DA-G-GURU

DA-G-GURU

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 04:22 PM

its has acutally always been like that , i just noticed last week cause i always have info in the message popup so never noticed until i didnt

i added the fix i installed for popupv2  to the regular popup

refresh and it should be hidden

Yes sir....nailed it!!

www.dagrafixdesigns.com

---------------
Twitter @DA_Sticks

#12 BobA

BobA

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 790 posts

• 2019 MFL: 44355

Posted 05 February 2020 - 06:19 PM

The Crtl-F5 got my mini scoreboard working, thanks.

As far as your other, full scoreboard is concerned I am afraid I may be a version or two behind. I'm using this script:

<!-- LOAD SCOREBOARD FORMATTING CSS FILE -->
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="//www.nitrografixx.com/MFL-Scoreboard/skin/Scoreboard_base.css">
<!-- LOAD SCOREBOARD RESPONSIVE CSS FILE REMOVE THIS IF NOT USING RESPONSIVE DESIGNS  -->
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="//www.nitrografixx.com/MFL-Scoreboard/skin/responsive_scoreboard.css">
<!-- Backup of uncompressed editable popup script here  -->
<!-- <script src="//www.nitrografixx.com/MFL-Scoreboard/scoreboard-uncompressed.js"></script> --><!-- LOAD SCOREBOARD JS FILE  -->
<script src="//www.nitrografixx.com/MFL-Scoreboard/scoreboard.js"></script>
<script>
//DISPLAY OPTIONS
var scoreboardTestMode = false; // Set to false when done customizations
var importScoreboardSkin = true;  // Set to false for custom designed skins and templates
var scoreboardName = "EHFL Scoreboard";
var includeProjections = false;
var includeSOS = true;
var includeStarterTotals = true;
var includeBenchTotals = true;
var allPlaySetup = false;
var alwaysDisplayBenchPlayers = true;
var hideTiebreakingPlayer = false;
var useNFLIconInPlayerTable = true;
var useMFLIconInPlayerTable = false;var includeCustomPlayers = false;
var includeLoadingScreen = true;
//MAIN SCOREBOARD AREA (FULL TEAM NAME, TEAM ABBREV, LOGOS OR ICONS)
//DEFAULT IS FULL TEAM NAME
var scoreboardUseIcon = true; // if true will use mfl icon unless user-defined below has been set
var scoreboardUseLogo = false; // if true will use mfl logo unless user-defined below has been set
var scoreboardUseAbbrev = false; // if true will use mfl abbrev
var scoreboardIconBase = ""; // user-defined image (example where images are team0001.png, team0002.png etc. use "http://www.myhost.com/images/team")
var scoreboardIconExt = "";  //user-defined extension (from example above use "png")
var scoreboardRoadImageFlip = false; // horizontal flip of image for road team
var scoreboardHomeImageFlip = false; // horizontal flip of image for home team//MINI-SCOREBOARD AREA
var miniScoreboardUseIcon = false; // if true will use mfl icon unless user-defined below has been set
var miniScoreboardUseLogo = false; // if true will use mfl logo unless user-defined below has been set
var miniScoreboardUseAbbrev = false; // if true will use mfl abbrev
var miniScoreboardIconBase = ""; // user-defined image (example where images are mini0001.gif, mini0002.gif etc. use "http://www.myhost.com/images/mini")
var miniScoreboardIconExt = ""; //user-defined extension (from example above use "gif")//OTHER IMAGES
var redZoneImage = "//www.nitrografixx.com/MFL-Scoreboard/red_zone.png";
var hasBallImage = "//www.nitrografixx.com/MFL-Scoreboard/has_ball.png";
var newScoreImage = "//www.nitrografixx.com/MFL-Scoreboard/new_score.png";
var recentUpdateImage = "//www.nitrografixx.com/MFL-Scoreboard/new_stats.png";
var recentNegativeUpdateImage = "//www.nitrografixx.com/MFL-Scoreboard/new_stats_down.png";var nflLogoPath = "//www.nitrografixx.com/MFL-Popups/NFL-custom-logos/";
var nflLogoExt = "png";
var scoreboardStylesheetPath = "//www.nitrografixx.com/MFL-Scoreboard/skin/";
</script>

It's worked like a charm through 2019. Not loading now. I was just going to wait as we have a long way to go but since there isn't much in the way of issue-related traffic at this point I figured I'd bring it up.

League ID in my sig

Scoreboard button on my site is over to the right a few modules below the mini-scoreboard.

Thanks

2020 League Home

The Ed Hughes Football League, Since 1980
2020...Our 41st Season!! 

----------
"Yes, well, everybody in Casablanca has problems. Yours may work out." -Rick Blaine

#13 DA-G-GURU

DA-G-GURU

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 06:36 PM

As far as your other, full scoreboard is concerned I am afraid I may be a version or two behind. I'm using this script:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="//www.nitrografixx.com/MFL-Scoreboard/skin/Scoreboard_base.css">
<!-- LOAD SCOREBOARD RESPONSIVE CSS FILE REMOVE THIS IF NOT USING RESPONSIVE DESIGNS  -->
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="//www.nitrografixx.com/MFL-Scoreboard/skin/responsive_scoreboard.css">
<!-- <script src="//www.nitrografixx.com/MFL-Scoreboard/scoreboard-uncompressed.js"></script> --><!-- LOAD SCOREBOARD JS FILE  -->
<script>
//DISPLAY OPTIONS
var importScoreboardSkin = true;  // Set to false for custom designed skins and templates
var includeSOS = true;
var scoreboardUseIcon = true; // if true will use mfl icon unless user-defined below has been set
var scoreboardUseLogo = false; // if true will use mfl logo unless user-defined below has been set
var scoreboardIconBase = ""; // user-defined image (example where images are team0001.png, team0002.png etc. use "http://www.myhost.com/images/team")
var scoreboardIconExt = "";  //user-defined extension (from example above use "png")
var scoreboardHomeImageFlip = false; // horizontal flip of image for home team//MINI-SCOREBOARD AREA
var miniScoreboardUseIcon = false; // if true will use mfl icon unless user-defined below has been set
var miniScoreboardUseLogo = false; // if true will use mfl logo unless user-defined below has been set
var miniScoreboardIconBase = ""; // user-defined image (example where images are mini0001.gif, mini0002.gif etc. use "http://www.myhost.com/images/mini")
var miniScoreboardIconExt = ""; //user-defined extension (from example above use "gif")//OTHER IMAGES
var recentNegativeUpdateImage = "//www.nitrografixx.com/MFL-Scoreboard/new_stats_down.png";var nflLogoPath = "//www.nitrografixx.com/MFL-Popups/NFL-custom-logos/";
var nflLogoExt = "png";
</script>

It's worked like a charm through 2019. Not loading now. I was just going to wait as we have a long way to go but since there isn't much in the way of issue-related traffic at this point I figured I'd bring it up.

League ID in my sig

Scoreboard button on my site is over to the right a few modules below the mini-scoreboard.

Thanks

Super old code Bob, and given the troubles today and when the newer code can be fixed, I would use that code instead and you would be better off in the long run i do believe..

Right now the scoreboard of the last 3 years is down and the newer last year scoreboard (mfl) is down also, but give the fellas sometime and MFL a chance to get their stuff done and we might be back up soon.

www.dagrafixdesigns.com

---------------
Twitter @DA_Sticks

#14 BobA

BobA

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 790 posts

• 2019 MFL: 44355

Posted 05 February 2020 - 06:45 PM

Thanks. I knew I was behind the curve but it worked for me and I get a bit intimidated with some of the scripts so I left it.

I'll let everything settle in and then I'll try the latest scoreboard. And then come here for the help I'm sure to need! :) :rolleyes:

<script>
//DISPLAY OPTIONS
var includeSOS = true;
var nflLogoExt = "png";
</script>

League ID in my sig

Thanks

Super old code Bob, and given the troubles today and when the newer code can be fixed, I would use that code instead and you would be better off in the long run i do believe..

Right now the scoreboard of the last 3 years is down and the newer last year scoreboard (mfl) is down also, but give the fellas sometime and MFL a chance to get their stuff done and we might be back up soon.

2020 League Home

The Ed Hughes Football League, Since 1980
2020...Our 41st Season!! 

----------
"Yes, well, everybody in Casablanca has problems. Yours may work out." -Rick Blaine

#15 DA-G-GURU

DA-G-GURU

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 06:47 PM

Thanks. I knew I was behind the curve but it worked for me and I get a bit intimidated with some of the scripts so I left it.

I'll let everything settle in and then I'll try the latest scoreboard. And then come here for the help I'm sure to need! :) :rolleyes:

<script>
//DISPLAY OPTIONS
var includeSOS = true;
var nflLogoExt = "png";
</script>

League ID in my sig

Thanks

TOS shot me some news, so hang on to this code and it might just work again as it has soon........#fingerscrossed

www.dagrafixdesigns.com

---------------
Twitter @DA_Sticks

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users