habman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,734 posts

• 2019 MFL: 55681
  • , 18835

Posted 05 November 2018 - 10:47 AM

The MFL injury report is updated regularly throughout a given week. 

On Tuesday morning at 4:00 am eastern the injury report is updated one last time and that version is stored for the week that has just completed and you can access those weekly reports here: http://www68.myfanta...com/2018/injury

This final weekly report is just not sufficient for my leagues IR rules and we require better tracking of changes to the injury report throughout the week especially the exact date and time a player is no longer on the injury report. 

With this idea in mind I created a report that does just that.  I have a script on my personal server that checks the MFL injury report every 5 minutes and if there is an update to a player then that information (date and time along with the changes) are recorded.

I started recording the changes on Saturday November 4 at 4:00pm so any updates prior to that were from the weekly stored files for weeks 1 to 8.  

Here is a link to the report generated: http://www.habman.co...njuryReport.php

In this report you can drill down on any player and all the changes to their injury status will be reported (only weekly changes from weeks 1 to 8 but any change after November 4 at 4:00pm).

There are a few filtering options to condense the report to make it less convoluted.

I eventually want to have options so that it can be owner specific so that you can see only players that you own across all your leagues but I am not there yet.

I thought I would share since maybe someone else may be able to use a report like this for their league.  

My MFL scripts . . . . . . . . http://www.habman.com/mfl/

#2 bonscott

bonscott

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,855 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 01:43 PM

Pretty cool.

I guess my question (curiosity) is what is your league's IR rule that required something this detailed?

I've gotten my leagues down to a simple rule:  If at kickoff of the players game they no longer qualify for IR and they are on your fantasy teams IR, they will be dropped from your team.

So I basically do a quick scan Monday morning and look for any violations and drop those players.  After I dropped players the first couple times a couple years ago it's rarely an issue now because they know I'm serious.  LOL

This is the easiest way we've come up with to deal with IR as I don't want to stop teams from submitting a lineup due to IR violation because so many players that are Out, even long term, go Questionable early week only back to Out by kickoff.  Don't want to stop teams from submitting a lineup due to NFL coaches messing around with the IR.  We only allow OUT and IR players to go on fantasy IR.

Anyway, curious as to how you and other leagues do it that this report would be helpful. 

#3 habman

habman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,734 posts

• , 18835

Posted 05 November 2018 - 03:02 PM

For leagues that I founded I use pretty much the same IR rules as you.  Player must be (O) or (I) to be initially placed on IR and can remain there as long as the player doesn't actually play an NFL game.  If the player plays in a game and he is on your IR he gets cut.

I joined a full contract IDP dynasty league where the IR rules are not that simple.  If a player gets placed on an IR that player must remain there a minimum of 3 weeks from the date the player was placed on IR regardless of injury status.  After the 3 weeks have passed that player can remain on IR so long as he still qualifies but must come off once the player no longer qualifies.  In that league a player qualifies if they have an injury status of (I) or (O).

We have a weekly deadline date of Wednesday 11:59pm where if the player no longer qualifies for IR and the 3 weeks have passed then the player must be activated by the deadline.  Players that would have become eligible after the deadline in a given week, say Thursday if they were originally placed on IR on Thursday, would get until the following Wednesday deadline.

The league is a large league with plenty of IR activity.  It is not unusual for an owner to place a player on IR even if the injury is minor so that they can create a roster opening to pick up free agents without having to drop anyone to get through bye week issues.  These players with short term injuries are easy to police because once the three weeks pass they typically are healthy and must be activated or cut.

The issue arises with players with long term issues.  A current example would be Elijah McGuire.  He was originally placed on IR Monday September 3 and his minimum 3 weeks were up Monday September 24.  Elijah McGuire played this weekend and was on the fantasy IR.  So basically if he came off the NFL injury report prior to Wednesday at 11:59 he would have to be cut. If it was after then he would get a one week grace period.  In this case it was after so the owner is good.

However there is no record of when McGuire came off of IR and it's basically the job of the commissioner (or other vigilant owners) to police it.  Who wants to do that?  We like the rule but we didn't like that it had to be monitored so closely since there is no record of when a player comes off of IR and this report helps with that.

I'm in three local leagues that have similar rules.  Maybe we will be the only ones that can use a report like this but in case there is another league out there I thought I would share.

#4 UCanCallMeMitch

UCanCallMeMitch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,506 posts

• 2019 MFL: 38948
  • , 64543

Posted 06 November 2018 - 10:32 AM

Can't wait until it's owner specific !!

Will you be posting the code and instructions here to insert it into a League's Site or shall we just 'hot-link' to your page?

Yea, I also have to police the Tuesday Reports for Injury Reports.  This would make finding violations a lot easier.

ldsportslogoindex_32x32.png  LuckyDog Sports 

" Fantasy Fun For Football Fanatics "

#5 habman

habman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,734 posts

• , 18835

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:12 AM

Can't wait until it's owner specific !!

Will you be posting the code and instructions here to insert it into a League's Site or shall we just 'hot-link' to your page?

Yea, I also have to police the Tuesday Reports for Injury Reports.  This would make finding violations a lot easier.

I have the login working.

If you login with your MFL credentials your leagues info including current week starters will be pulled into the script.

If logged in it will flag potential starting lineup up issues where you (or any of your league members) have players in starting lineups that are Doubtful or Out.  Could be useful for commissioners especially if you commish multiple leagues.

You can remove leagues if they are not important to you (ie duplicate leagues thay you may have created)

I still want to add bye week checks so that any player that is on a bye and is in a starting lineup will be flagged.

#6 UCanCallMeMitch

UCanCallMeMitch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,506 posts

• , 64543

Posted 11 November 2018 - 11:29 AM

Amazing !

#7 habman

habman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,734 posts

• , 18835

Posted 13 November 2018 - 03:50 PM

If you are logged in bye week starters for all your leagues are now flagged. 

Also if you are logged in you can go back in history to check out if owners had starting lineups with injured starters and/or starters that were on a bye.  Probably really only useful if you are a commissioner and if you police these sort of things.

I think that this is all that I am going to do with this.

There is a javascript file that contains this injury information that can be linked if you actually want to pull the injury history into your league site and create a report that is applicable to your league rules.

#8 UCanCallMeMitch

UCanCallMeMitch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,506 posts

• , 64543

Posted 20 September 2019 - 05:00 AM

Is it me or memorex (who remembers this commercial?)

The link https://www.habman.c...njuryReport.php doesn't load.  Just a blank page with the url in the address bar.

#9 habman

habman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,734 posts

• , 18835

Posted 20 September 2019 - 07:17 AM

Okay w

Is it me or memorex (who remembers this commercial?)

The link https://www.habman.c...njuryReport.php doesn't load.  Just a blank page with the url in the address bar.

Okay got this fixed.

BTW this was working as recently as yesterday.  Just wondering is this something that you normally use?  I find it very useful especially to find potential injured players that I may have missed in one of my starting lineups.

#10 UCanCallMeMitch

UCanCallMeMitch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,506 posts

• , 64543

Posted 21 September 2019 - 03:13 AM

Now working again.  Thanks.

This a great app.  I've added a link to it in all my leagues for the benefit of the other owners.

#11 UCanCallMeMitch

UCanCallMeMitch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,506 posts

• , 64543

Posted 25 September 2019 - 03:39 AM

Check this out Luca -

When I click on the news icon for a player, it continues to load (spin), but never loads.  

Is it me?

#12 habman

habman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,734 posts

• , 18835

Posted 25 September 2019 - 08:11 AM

Check this out Luca -

When I click on the news icon for a player, it continues to load (spin), but never loads.  

Is it me?

Working for me on iPhone. Will test on desktop later.

#13 sladog

sladog

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 02:22 PM

Worked fine for me on my laptop.

"INCONCEIVABLE!!"  ...   You keep using that word.  I do not think it means what you think it means.

#14 UCanCallMeMitch

UCanCallMeMitch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,506 posts

• , 64543

Posted 26 September 2019 - 05:16 AM

I turned off uBlock Origin and pop-up blocker and got it working.

So . . . Never Mind.   :rolleyes: 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users