#18 jro

jro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

• 2019 MFL: 22972
  • , 31677

Posted 27 June 2018 - 10:22 PM

Would it be possible to adjust this to work for 2 conferences - separate pools for each conference weeks 2-12? Also, how do you handle ties for the lowest score?

#19 habman

habman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,734 posts

• 2019 MFL: 55681
  • , 18835

Posted 28 June 2018 - 11:42 AM

Would it be possible to adjust this to work for 2 conferences - separate pools for each conference weeks 2-12? Also, how do you handle ties for the lowest score?

It is not set up to handle 2 conferences but I am sure that I can set it up to do so.

If you give me commish access to your 2017 league I can probably tweak the code to include your suggestion.  Why 2017?  So I can test the script with live data.

Ties are normally broken 1st by adding tiebreaking player if applicable; 2nd by YTD points.  You can also break ties manually by using the score adjustment array.

My MFL scripts . . . . . . . . http://www.habman.com/mfl/

#20 jro

jro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

• 2019 MFL: 22972
  • , 31677

Posted 28 June 2018 - 01:49 PM

It is not set up to handle 2 conferences but I am sure that I can set it up to do so.

If you give me commish access to your 2017 league I can probably tweak the code to include your suggestion.  Why 2017?  So I can test the script with live data.

Ties are normally broken 1st by adding tiebreaking player if applicable; 2nd by YTD points.  You can also break ties manually by using the score adjustment array.

That would be great. Last year's league is here.... http://www71.myfanta...2017/home/22972

To grant you commissioner access do I need to add you as a Franchise owner?

Note that for 2018 we will likely overhaul the css and homepage modules, but the general structure of the league will be the same - 2 conferences, 12 teams each (2 divisions of six teams in each conference). The conferences draft separately.  Our Last Man Standing (Survivor Pool) is weeks 2-12, with one team from each conference eliminated each week. We currently don't have immunity, but could change it up that is not easy to turn on/off.

#21 habman

habman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,734 posts

• , 18835

Posted 28 June 2018 - 07:22 PM

That would be great. Last year's league is here.... http://www71.myfanta...2017/home/22972

To grant you commissioner access do I need to add you as a Franchise owner?

Note that for 2018 we will likely overhaul the css and homepage modules, but the general structure of the league will be the same - 2 conferences, 12 teams each (2 divisions of six teams in each conference). The conferences draft separately.  Our Last Man Standing (Survivor Pool) is weeks 2-12, with one team from each conference eliminated each week. We currently don't have immunity, but could change it up that is not easy to turn on/off.

PM sent

#22 fgbsrekcap

fgbsrekcap

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 08:42 PM

Just checking on the site this year making sure all is in working order for the season. Since the season has not officially started should I just be seeing  Creating Fantasy Survivor.... Like I am now? Just making sure the script is still working before the season starts

#23 fgbsrekcap

fgbsrekcap

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 09:50 AM

Bump..

Here is the link to one of my leagues. in my other league it seems to be working as the chart reset

I think I got it fixed. Re pasted the script and now it seems to be working

#24 ManURedDevil

ManURedDevil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 08:18 PM

A couple other variations for our 16-team league...

1. We have Elimination and Immunity for weeks 1 to 12 (4 teams left)

2. We have Elimination but no Immunity for the weeks 13 and 14 (2 teams left)

3. We have a best of 3 final for weeks 15 to 17 (Survivor Champion)

Is there any way to turn off the Immunity and Elimination functions for particular weeks?

#25 ManURedDevil

ManURedDevil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 08:33 PM

Also, we default the tiebreaker to the scores in the previous week (lowest amongst teams tied for Elimination and highest for teams tied for Immunity).

I've just discovered all the scripts you guys have here. Very impressive!

Thanks for everything.

#26 habman

habman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,734 posts

• , 18835

Posted 26 August 2019 - 06:09 AM

Is there any way to turn off the Immunity and Elimination functions for particular weeks?

1. Is just normal so that is no issue

2. Could be easily implemented

3. I suppose that you mean that the highest cumulative scorer for weeks 15, 16 and 17 is crowned champion but please verify.

Also I can look at adding the tiebreaker that you suggest in your next post.

#27 sackdaddy

sackdaddy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 08:25 PM

Was thinking that a fun variation on the Fantasy Survivor would be (for lack of a better name) Fantasy Limbo. Was thinking that in Week 1 you'd have the lowest score eliminated, the same as you have in Survivor. In Week 2, you'd have everybody that didn't score ABOVE whatever that lowest Week 1 score was get eliminated, along with the next lowest score. Each week the bar of what you needed to score would get higher and higher until there was only 1 team left.

Thoughts?

#28 habman

habman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,734 posts

• , 18835

Posted 13 September 2019 - 06:58 AM

1. Is just normal so that is no issue

2. Could be easily implemented

3. I suppose that you mean that the highest cumulative scorer for weeks 15, 16 and 17 is crowned champion but please verify.

Also I can look at adding the tiebreaker that you suggest in your next post.

All of these have been added.  See original post in this thread for specifics.

Was thinking that a fun variation on the Fantasy Survivor would be (for lack of a better name) Fantasy Limbo. Was thinking that in Week 1 you'd have the lowest score eliminated, the same as you have in Survivor. In Week 2, you'd have everybody that didn't score ABOVE whatever that lowest Week 1 score was get eliminated, along with the next lowest score. Each week the bar of what you needed to score would get higher and higher until there was only 1 team left.

Thoughts?

This could probably be done but no promises.  

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users