53 replies to this topic

#16 bonscott

bonscott

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,864 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:09 PM

Players on fantasy IR don't even show up on the submit lineup form so no worry there.

#17 theeohiostate

theeohiostate

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:13 PM

Players on fantasy IR don't even show up on the submit lineup form so no worry there.

Ok so adding var for others won't be difficult

I would like to create a script to notify the league if an owner is violating the leagues IR rules and taxi squad rules
Would need some variables set but would be helpful since mfl doesn't restrict who you can place on your taxi squad

FREE Player Cuts Collection
https://www.nitrogra...om/player-cuts/

#18 bonscott

bonscott

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,864 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:21 AM

I would like to create a script to notify the league if an owner is violating the leagues IR rules and taxi squad rules
Would need some variables set but would be helpful since mfl doesn't restrict who you can place on your taxi squad

If I remember correctly, IR violations are shown on the roster report.  Should be easy enough to test, put a guy with no injury status on IR and then check the roster report to get the text that is displayed.  I can't remember but I think violations are also shown in the homepage message, which come to think of it also gives messages when a lineup hasn't been submitted as well.

EDIT:  Did a test on my test league.  If a player is in IR violation the following text is displayed below the player on the Rosters report.
"Warning! Possible IR Rule Violation Above"

In the League Reminders section (if turned on by the owner and that's the rub there, it can be turned off by any owner) there is text for lineup needing to be submitted, also warnings for pool picks to be submitted, roster violation warning as well.  IR violations do not appear to show up here.  

Now, the only problem that I see with this, is that players often are in IR violation early in the week but are not by gametime.  We all know the player that is obviously OUT and was OUT last week but the coach is playing games with the NFL and will list the guy as questionable only to go back to OUT on Friday or Saturday.

As for Taxi, I don't think there are any messages that a Taxi player is in violation.  The only restrictions I can think of are rookie only and bye week players only and those restrictions are just on the actual demotion action.  Yep, also tested, no violation message.

#19 Screaming Eagle

Screaming Eagle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 08:25 AM

You could find the text like you are saying. Just like I did here
http://forums.myfant...showtopic=33390

that is what i was thinking  ,   "O" is out and "I" is injured correct ?  the only thing left would be bye week players which reside in a different td cell with no class attached. What about players on injured reserve , I don't use the IR , but if a league uses the IR , will MFL allow those into the lineups ? I wouldn't think that is possible , so , to get this working well ,  I'd just need a var for users to allow / disallow  Out , Injured and Bye players , correct ?

You will probably only want to use the "O" for out and the "S" for suspended. I haven't seen an "I" 

For the bye week, you can search similar to this, using the nth child:

$("#options_06 .report tr td > :nth-child(2)").addClass("");

Gridiron Tavern, the best IDP league available.

#20 Screaming Eagle

Screaming Eagle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 08:44 AM

I don't think this will work. Different leagues have different rules. My league you can leave players on IR, and I bet a lot of leagues do that.

#21 Screaming Eagle

Screaming Eagle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 09:04 AM

When you carry your lineups over week to week, what happens when you submit a lineup one week, and then a player goes on IR? Will that player still be in your lineup, or will he automatically be taken out?

#22 bonscott

bonscott

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,864 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 09:51 AM

When you carry your lineups over week to week, what happens when you submit a lineup one week, and then a player goes on IR? Will that player still be in your lineup, or will he automatically be taken out?

Good question, don't really know, I've never noticed one way or another.  No way to really test that scenario either. Most of my owners actually submit a lineup anyway by the Thursday games so it's never been an issue I've had to deal with.

#23 Juiblex

Juiblex

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 10:29 AM

^THIS^

#24 theeohiostate

theeohiostate

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:10 PM

I am requesting MFL add to the players json in their API  "career=xmount" , so that we can obtain how many years each player has been on an NFL roster. This way we can use the rosters json , coupled with the player json , and create a script to alert any taxi squad violation for leagues that allow players on the taxi squad for x amount of season . Most leagues i play in only allow 1st and 2nd year players to be placed on the taxi squad. A script to perform this check would help out a lot for commissioners trying to keep tabs on violations.

#25 MFL Manager

MFL Manager

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:Straight cash, homie!

Posted 11 June 2015 - 10:09 PM

This is great. Just a plug and play? Or do I have to edit it to my league...

"Straight cash, homey."

#26 theeohiostate

theeohiostate

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 02:11 PM

This is great. Just a plug and play? Or do I have to edit it to my league...

no editing needed

#27 theeohiostate

theeohiostate

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 10:41 AM

getting a little time to work on this today , to search for players designated as "Out" , "Injured" or "Suspended" , so if an owner submits a lineup with a player of that disignation , the script will still show the lineup as invalid , even though the correct number of starters are submitted.

var donotcountI = ':has(.warning):contains(I)'; // INJURED PLAYERS NOT PERMITTED IN LINEUP
  var donotcountS = ':has(.warning):contains(S)'; // SUSPENDED PLAYERS NOT PERMITTED IN LINEUP
  var donotcountO = ':has(.warning):contains(O)'; // OUT PLAYERS NOT PERMITTED IN LINEUP

.find("td.player:not("+donotcountI+"):not("+donotcountS+"):not("+donotcountO+")")

Still no word from MFL on adding a class for bye week players

#28 theeohiostate

theeohiostate

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 12:35 PM

1st post updated with variables you can set to enable/disable the script from locating players MFL has designated as

"O" - out

"S" - suspended

"I"  - injured

#29 quickolas1

quickolas1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 01:34 PM

Thurs: Set your %$#!!! Lineup

Fri: & Sat: Fantasy Preview

Sun: Set your %$#!!! Lineup

Mon: MNF Report

Tues & Wed: Fantasy Recap

Thanks TOS.

To have all those modules on the home page everyday... big bag of unnecessary clutter!

#30 theeohiostate

theeohiostate

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 03:11 PM

couldn't wait on MFL to add me a class for bye week players so i injected one via jQuery

1st post updated

you can now decide whether to be alerted in the module of any owners starting Bye,Out,Suspended,Injured players , or any combination of the 4

i tested it , with several settings , but please test out on your sites and let me know if working as advertised

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users