Photo

Exciting new feature

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
66 replies to this topic

#1 Screaming Eagle

Screaming Eagle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 02:37 PM

I don't want a new feature. I want the old features to be improved.

These need a brand new interface
Live Scoring
Submit Lineup

Also, combine features/pages.

There are like 5,000 pages in the Commissioner setup. These need to be condensed into only a handful of pages. I am very familiar with all of the Commissioner setup items, yet I still have a hard time finding the right pages.

When I was new to MFL, I remember setting up a league to be very difficult and time consuming. The suggested checklist should be removed, and instead, take the user through each step. At the bottom a step, have a button that says, continue to next step.

Other pages can be condensed as well. There's the starting lineups screen, the projected points screen, and the fantasy preview screen. Just put them all on the preview screen, and add a button to expand/collapse bench players.

Then there is the team setup pages. I think 6 or 7 pages for email, phone, icons, etc. Just put all of that on one page.

Lastly, the menu at the top of the screen has to be from 1942. Each year new links are added to the menu, and it is hard to find anything under the curent setup. It needs to be completely reorganized at least.

I've only used MFL for 6 years or so, but in that time, I don't think I have seen any existing items get an overhaul. It's time.

No one can compete with MFL in my eyes, but there is still a lot to be desired.
Gridiron Tavern, the best IDP league available.

#2 quickolas1

quickolas1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:48 PM

If a new service came in that allowed customization and didn't look like the code was written in 1996... MFL would be a goner.

Add the Roster w/Stats page (unusable, put stats on Roster page along with matchup stength) to the list.

#3 bonscott

bonscott

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,810 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:13 AM

I agree that MFL really needs to be modernized.  I also understand why they drag their feet on it.  Would be a big effort and if things broke they break for tens of thousands of leagues.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  But eventually they really do need to do something.

Perhaps what they need to look at is do a clean break, do an "MFL 2.0" if you will that runs side-by-side the current site.  Allow a select number of leagues into it for the whole 2015 season as a "beta" test but leave the current service going for the masses.  Then work all the bugs out and get things rocking for full rollout in 2016.  But that might not work either if they both couldn't work on the same backend infrastructure.  I'd guess it's the backend that needs the overhaul more then the web pages we see.  The web pages are the easy part.   :ph34r:

But even getting some of the stuff that Habman and TOS have done and integrating it would go a long way on the front end.

#4 theeohiostate

theeohiostate

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:13 PM

If a new service came in that allowed customization and didn't look like the code was written in 1996...

Hmmmm maybe something could be on its way

FREE Player Cuts Collection
https://www.nitrogra...om/player-cuts/

#5 UCanCallMeMitch

UCanCallMeMitch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:38 PM

evil_anm.gif

If a new service came in that allowed customization and didn't look like the code was written in 1996...

Hmmmm maybe something could be on its way

ldsportslogoindex_32x32.png  LuckyDog Sports 

" Fantasy Fun For Football Fanatics "

#6 BobA

BobA

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:10 AM

I agree wholeheartedly that MFL needs a 'freshening' but it would take a lot...and I mean a whole lot to cause me to jump ship after having built up my trust in them. I know I can count on MFL every week and that I can make changes easily. I played in a ESPN league this year, my first team outside my league ever, and it was killing me that I wasn't the commish and I couldn't fix things the way I thought they should be. I thought the ESPN site sucked.  :angry:

2019 League Site

The Ed Hughes Football League, Since 1980
2019...Our 40th Season!! 

----------
"Yes, well, everybody in Casablanca has problems. Yours may work out." -Rick Blaine

#7 MFL Manager

MFL Manager

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 10:24 PM

New. Draft. System.

"Straight cash, homey."

#8 Shamrock

Shamrock

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 07:50 AM

MFL is great....very steady but Id love to see an updated site with new features and certain areas combined. It needs to be streamlined IMO

#9 quickolas1

quickolas1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:51 PM

Id love to see an updated site with new features

Not new! Improve the "old" i.e. fundamentals.

Granted, it's not going to happen.

On the MFL home page, there is an "Appearance Customization" page that gives examples of what users have created.

The examples/links on the page?... they are from 2007.

If they won't even spend a few seconds updating links to attract new customers...

:rolleyes:

#10 UCanCallMeMitch

UCanCallMeMitch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 05:28 PM

I guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

#11 hedzookeeper

hedzookeeper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 01:47 PM

I guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I have always despised that reference.

Nothing is perfect but always can be improved upon.

#12 UCanCallMeMitch

UCanCallMeMitch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:41 PM

I didn't say I agreed with it, I'm thinking MFL is.

#13 QFFLCommish

QFFLCommish

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:35 AM

"If you don't attempt to fix it, you won't even know it's broken!"

MFL is a good site (used to be great) but their complacency, like many before them, is going to be their undoing one day when someone puts out a better, less complex, and updated version of their product.  

#14 MFL Manager

MFL Manager

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:08 PM

Just give me a draft room that looks like it doesn't belong in 1994.

"Straight cash, homey."

#15 hedzookeeper

hedzookeeper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:57 PM

Dang, we used pen and paper back in 94.