Photo

Exciting new feature

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
66 replies to this topic

#16 MARKinMI

MARKinMI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 04:00 PM

Honestly i can put up with anything else, just update the Submit Lineup page. Instead of using 1-2 QBs, 1-3RBs and 2-4WRs (for example) allow us to specify positions in our starting lineups like:

QB-----

QB/RB/WR/TE------

RB------

RB------

RB/WR-----

WR------

WR------

WR/TE-----

TE-----

And allow us to slot players into these positions from our rosters instead of just putting a check by their name. It would also be nice if we could see stats and matchups ranks. PLEASE if you do nothing else just give us a submit lineup function that works and takes the confusion out of it. Every major free site I've seen (ESPN, Yahoo, CBS etc)  has a submit lineup function like this because its a better way to do it. How many MFL customers have to complain or ask for an update before you do it. FF forums are full of complaints about your submit lineup module. Just update it, you'll make your paying customers much happier.

Mark 

#17 BEVO

BEVO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:11 PM

I agree MFL is dated, and lacks considerably in the 2015 "ease of use" category.  Many sites out there are greatly improved over MFL, in that regard.  From a business perspective I wonder how MFL could recoup its (huge?) re-development costs?  How many leagues would be willing to pay for increased fees and to what degree before you went elsewhere? Do you think an improved interface would bring in substantially more leagues?  If during the re-development, they (had to) broke some or all of the customization features as they now exist, how many folks would get pissed and leave?  Would leagues be willing to allow their pages to be peppered with 3rd party advertising?  Just curious what others thought.

Thanks

Gary

4Aces FFL - Total Points League, where the luck factor is mitigated.  Check it out, Inquires welcome.

Royal Flush FFL - Total Points League, where the luck factor is mitigated.  Check it out, Inquires welcome.

#18 MFL Manager

MFL Manager

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 09:31 AM

It's just bad business not to reinvest in one's self. I like this site, but it is going to end up extinct like Fanball if it doesn't catch-up with the rest of he crowd.

If you're not that into customizing your personal fantasy football site, as many people aren't... what would bring you to MFL.com? Being totally honest here. Why would you choose this site over any other? It falls short in almost every aspect. That's a HUGE portion of the fantasy football world you aren't tapping, simply because you're content to sit around with the status quo, instead of growing the business.

Well folks, that is THE reason businesses collapse. MFL needs to grow a pair and it needs leadership to step up. The only thing worse than a concerned customer base is an apathetic customer base.

"Straight cash, homey."

#19 quickolas1

quickolas1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 10:35 AM

Do you think an improved interface would bring in substantially more leagues?

Yes. This and this is what people think of when they think of MFL. Cheap, old, lame looking sites. And more leave MFL because of the waivers system, live scoring, etc. Most of it is aesthetic which would cost MFL essentially nothing to "upgrade." For example, deleting 30 of those old ass skins (map them over onto the 'okay' looking ones) might actually save space/cost. 5-10 really good skins would do wonders compared to 47 ugly skins and 3 'ehhhh okay' skins.

Adding offensive lineman or hot dog prices or some 3rd party trash talk app doesn't help the bottom line.

#20 Mrkennedy_77

Mrkennedy_77

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 07:26 PM

Couldn't agree more with a lot of these statements. Most people aren't willing to sling out $70 for a site that, other than the site customizations, is severely outdated in every other aspect. And the skins they provide look like 1996 AOL, and most leagues won't want to dish out $100s for a custom layout that some of these fine creators create and sell. If you aren't an experienced web and graphic designer, this site is just not worth the money for the majority. Now for me, my big issues I would love to see updated are

- updated GOTW previews and recaps (sites like CBS kills it will detailed and original generated articles for every game, every week)
- simplify lineup submissions (like ESPN or any other FREE site has)
- simplify the waiver requests (Again, like any other FREE site has)

Okay, I'm done ranting. :)

#21 bonscott

bonscott

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,811 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 06:23 AM

- updated GOTW previews and recaps (sites like CBS kills it will detailed and original generated articles for every game, every week)

Might want to clarify that one for MFL if you put in a feature request ticket as MFL does offer weekly previews and recaps for every fantasy game already.  So you'd want to specify what changes you'd like to see.

#22 Mrkennedy_77

Mrkennedy_77

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 06:50 PM

Might want to clarify that one for MFL if you put in a feature request ticket as MFL does offer weekly previews and recaps for every fantasy game already.  So you'd want to specify what changes you'd like to see.

I mean every article for the previews and recaps are the same templated article, just team names and a player or two changed. The CBS site had original and more detailed articles for every game. It didn't feel like reading the same thing over and over.

#23 Cult of Dionysus

Cult of Dionysus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 12:31 PM

Honestly i can put up with anything else, just update the Submit Lineup page. Instead of using 1-2 QBs, 1-3RBs and 2-4WRs (for example) allow us to specify positions in our starting lineups like:

QB-----

QB/RB/WR/TE------

RB------

RB------

RB/WR-----

WR------

WR------

WR/TE-----

TE-----

And allow us to slot players into these positions from our rosters instead of just putting a check by their name. It would also be nice if we could see stats and matchups ranks. PLEASE if you do nothing else just give us a submit lineup function that works and takes the confusion out of it. Every major free site I've seen (ESPN, Yahoo, CBS etc)  has a submit lineup function like this because its a better way to do it. How many MFL customers have to complain or ask for an update before you do it. FF forums are full of complaints about your submit lineup module. Just update it, you'll make your paying customers much happier.

Mark 

This x100.  Give me an updated Submit Lineups page and I would be happy for 5 years. 

I started out on ESPN and only came over to MFL in 2014 for one league.  I hated the experience the entirety of 2014, but with no league activity in any of my ESPN leagues, and with a new MFL based league starting up in Feb/March, I've spent a fair bit of time here, and I've gotten used to the antiquated UI...  But I suspect that when the NFL season starts and I get back to ESPNs awesome team page, then I will realize just what a terribel UI the Submit Lineups page is here.  No excuse for that steaming pile...

#24 Thecliff

Thecliff

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 01:51 PM

...was there even an Internet back in '94?

CCDLcommish_18.jpg

Thecliff Chamber

#25 BEVO

BEVO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 12:07 PM

I guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

The Live Draft Room has more bugs than one can count.  While "broke" may be over-stating its condition somewhat, the bugs it has are frustrating, confusing and can cause far too many distractions during the draft.  That is something that could be reworked, tested and implemented without affecting "thousands" of leagues.

Gary

4Aces FFL - Total Points League, where the luck factor is mitigated.  Check it out, Inquires welcome.

Royal Flush FFL - Total Points League, where the luck factor is mitigated.  Check it out, Inquires welcome.

#26 Squintz82

Squintz82

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 07:24 AM

Can we bump this? It's 2016, and we can't even have a decent mobile layout? What is the money going towards?

#27 DA-G-GURU

DA-G-GURU

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 08:49 AM

You should just use an APP for mobile support, for now at least.
Simply The Best in Grafix and CSS webdesign since 2005

www.dagrafixdesigns.com

---------------
Twitter @DA_Sticks

#28 quickolas1

quickolas1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 06:14 PM

...was there even an Internet back in '94?

Yes. You browsed Netscape Navigator after logging into AOL dial-up on your Gateway or IBM computer (which had a tower the size of a mini-fridge you put under your desk and took up any leg room)...

...in fact, the whole experience felt exactly like this.

Actually, scratch that... this still looks better than the majority of the site links posted in the 'Looking for new owners' forum here. Everyone wants a hardcore fanatic to join their league... which is such a great league... that the Commish can't take 1 minute to go switch the skin to something that doesn't look like hot garbage.

#29 UCanCallMeMitch

UCanCallMeMitch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 03:09 AM

...in fact, the whole experience felt exactly like this.

Sometimes Quick You Can Be Cruel  mean.png

ldsportslogoindex_32x32.png  LuckyDog Sports 

" Fantasy Fun For Football Fanatics "

#30 Squintz82

Squintz82

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 01:31 PM

You should just use an APP for mobile support, for now at least.

I don't mind that, but it's hard to sell that to league mates. The apps haven't felt that polished either.