66 replies to this topic

#31 wolfe

wolfe

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 03:46 PM

I have complained about the lack of mobile friendly site in the MFL annual survey for the last 5 years. MFL is well behind on modern web design standards. I know my owners are tired of it.

If an app is the solution, then I think MFL should make one for its users. It's not fun to pay $70-$90 for a league and then ask each owner to spend $5-$10 for an app.

#32 quickolas1

quickolas1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 04:37 PM

IMO they don't even really need to do an app.

A resurfaced UI where there is some consistency (there's very little right now from report-to-report and page-to-page) would allow for a responsive design. We could even do it ourselves by blowing up report & font sizes using media calls. But as it is now, youd have to tweak so many pages and reports that are hard-wired with custom sizing / spacing / inconsistent tables / etc.

For example, many table datas (columns) do not have CSS class tags.

One great top line responsive menu bar is essential. It would allow leagues to ditch the vertical (hsubmenu) list of links (the links people actually want/use) which needs to go for a responsive site.

Needing 3 menu bars/lists AND rows of tabs is like a bad patch job.

Plus then coders could still block what MFL provides and add their own html and CSS design if they want.

#33 wolfe

wolfe

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 09:55 PM

That's a nice looking site. I'm going to be stealing some of that CSS.

I guess I'm going to override the CSS on the page to get close to a responsive design. I don't see any indication that MFL is going to do it.

#34 HoldtheTomato

HoldtheTomato

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 08:04 PM

Again to say what everyone else is saying:

- Update the lineup to a modern interface

- Update the Waivers to a modern interface

I'm probably leaving this year, the only reason I haven't left for a free site is they seem to be in love with that Auction FAAB and not a actual season long salary cap.

But the difficulty my owners have with Waivers and with Lineups makes me think it's just not worth it anymore.  You really need a PHD to do blind bid multiple round waivers.

#35 BobG829

BobG829

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:32 PM

I've been on MFL for a long time as well.  Does anyone from MFL even read these threads?  I've sent in a couple of new feature requests and it always seems to get ignored.  It sounds like there's a lot of passionate, knowledgeable people here that would be interested in seeing something new.  We should have some conversations off line if anyone is interested.  You never know what it might lead to...

Anyone interested?

#36 HedgeHog

HedgeHog

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Interests:Theater, Las Vegas, Blackjack, Poker

Posted 21 July 2016 - 05:15 PM

There was a maverick operation a few years ago.  I used them until the folks behind it's actual jobs took over and they had to discontinue the project. One was actually a rocket scientist! There are probably quite a few of their old users wandering these very halls.

There IS no "Off Season"

#37 diti

diti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 10:21 PM

I have been on MFL for about 3 years.  There recurring complaints and requests/suggestions I have seen here and on multiple other forums about MFL are:

1.  Improved UI

2.  Submit lineup improvement (similar to just about every other fantasy site regardless of sport made after 1982)

3.  Improved free agent/add/drop 

4.  Draft room upgrade

As of now, I have yet to see any improvement or even a response to these requests.

Would be nice if someone, anyone who works at MFL (including community forum moderator) would at least acknowledge these requests suggestions, etc.  I have requested all the above both in season and off season about every 3 months with usual "great, we will consider in our next upgrade"

In both my fantasy leagues on MFL, a majority of the owners play fantasy sports (redraft) in multiple sports from baseball to basketball to football and all have complaints about same four issues above.  I keep telling them to be patient, but not sure why MFL cannot do SOMETHING to improve or even RESPOND to the customers who use the site.  

Anybody else had more luck than me?  Thanks.  Just needed to vent somewhere and this seemed like logical place to do so.

#38 bonscott

bonscott

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,790 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 08:21 AM

They do respond, even if it's "thanks for the suggestion" to your request.  If you're expecting a response on this forum, that isn't going to happen as they state right up front that they do not monitor this forum or interact with it.  It's commish's helping commish's.  I'm sure they probably do keep tabs on the forum, but they want all feature suggestions to come thru their ticket system.

#39 quickolas1

quickolas1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 08:35 AM

Still lookin good, MFL.

Welcome to the Most Flexible Fantasy Football League Management System Available!
MyFantasyLeague.com supports tons of unique features, making us the most flexible and robust fantasy football league management system, period. It’s a blast to use, and even with all these features, it’s still easy to learn.
Check out what some of our more creative users did with their fantasy football league pages:

#40 UCanCallMeMitch

UCanCallMeMitch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 03:54 AM

LMAO :lol:

#41 BobG829

BobG829

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 06:51 AM

I've been on MFL for a long time as well.  Does anyone from MFL even read these threads?  I've sent in a couple of new feature requests and it always seems to get ignored.  It sounds like there's a lot of passionate, knowledgeable people here that would be interested in seeing something new.  We should have some conversations off line if anyone is interested.  You never know what it might lead to...

Anyone interested?

If anyone is interested, my email is bobg829@gmail.com.

#42 Screaming Eagle

Screaming Eagle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 07:43 AM

Hopefully this means they are getting serious about improving. I saw this on the homepage.

2017 Enhancements
Now that the 2016 season is almost in the books, we are excited to announce some of the key enhancements that are coming to MyFantasyLeague.com in 2017! Weve spent the past year focusing mostly on the back-end architecture side of things, which paved the way for some front-end league changes in 2017 and beyond that should make our system easier to use for both commissioners and owners:
User Interface: The most visible change in 2017 will be in the form of an updated menu system and completely redesigned skins and color schemes, which will result in a much cleaner look and layout for all of the league pages.
Mobile Friendly: The entire site will feature a responsive design, which means league pages, home page tabs, and menu items will be much more accessible on any browser from your mobile devices (phones and tablets).
Waivers (Player Transactions): The waiver system will be overhauled to make it easier to use and simpler to understand for commissioners and owners.
Security: League pages will be accessible with the HTTPS protocol, and our Developers API will be updated to require Secure HTTPS access to comply with upcoming requirements from Apple, Chrome and others.
MFL10s: Our popular MFL10s leagues will inherit all of the above enhancements, so the experience for those leagues will be improved as soon as they are opened up for the 2017 season. We also have some new formats planned as well. The target date for opening the MFL10s is mid-February, about a week after the Superbowl.
Keep in mind that these are just the highlights of the major changes and improvements we have planned for the new year. More info and details will be coming in February. Also be aware that implementing these changes will require a later launch date for our 2017 leagues. In the past, weve opened up the new season the day after the Superbowl. This year, it will likely be about a week after the Superbowl before our 2017 leagues are released.

Gridiron Tavern, the best IDP league available.

#43 QFFLCommish

QFFLCommish

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 01:44 PM

I want to get excited but after talking ad nauseum about the things that needed to be changed for 10+ years and seeing none of it, forgive me if I am in the 'believe it when I see it' camp.  

#44 quickolas1

quickolas1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 06:50 PM

I want to get excited but after talking ad nauseum about the things that needed to be changed for 10+ years and seeing none of it, forgive me if I am in the 'believe it when I see it' camp.  

The Waivers part is what I'm waiting to see. My salary cap league depends on conditionality and the Comments box. If they take those away, I'm in trouble.

When they say UI, I don't think there's an imminent change coming with any of the modules, roster page, stats pages, draft room, the horrible/unusable auction room, etc.

But the skins are about to be prettier and you won't have to zoom in on a mobile device. Those who have CSS on top of a current skin may have some tweaking to do.

#45 bonscott

bonscott

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,790 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 02:10 PM

True.  However this is the first time they've actually said they plan to update the UI.  ;)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users