66 replies to this topic

#61 Unpossible42

Unpossible42

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 09:26 PM

Well, if you heavily customize your site (either yourself or have someone else do it) you have to expect there to be problems whenever there is an upgrade since it's not officially supported.  I think the idea that they will archive the CSS so that the vast majority of leagues won't totally break day 1 is a good compromise because what else are they to do?  To make the updates that people are begging to be done requires a clean break, obviously.  

Other then dynasty leagues that are still going, which is a pretty small percentage of leagues, leagues will have months of off season to adapt before it matters.

Personally I have some custom CSS based off the particular skin I'm using, but I backed off heavy customization years ago.  My plan is to keep an eye on things and wait a month or two before I really dive in.  But I'll pretty much trash everything I have and start out with a base new skin and then go to work off that.  Even then, I'll wait until summer until I do things like bring in Habman's scoreboard because hopefully it'll be integrated in or whatever MFL comes up with will be close.  Either way, obviously Habman and others will probably need to heavily modify their scripts so wait and see attitude is the best in my book.  I'd rather not do more work then I need to.   :)

That's assuming the person using the CSS knows anything (I, for one, know crap about it), or that they've logged on in the last few days to know an update is coming.  That's all I'm saying.  =)

Its not going to be that big a deal imo , i have 100s of site and will have to adjust them

Here is what I'm shooting for , to replace the current Live Scoring page 

Its a hybrid of the Habman Scoreboard , responsive for mobiles , and also the new player popup.

Goal is for Hab and myself to work with MFL to get the new scoring / player new popup in next few months.  

The nice thing about redesigning the Scoreboard and Player news popup , Habman and I are making these take the form of any existing skin , with very minimal CSS on your part. The Player news popup, may not need any additional css regardless of your site , the scoreboard needs about 10 lines of coloring done to match any site.

mfl-demo-image6.jpg

Your guys' work is amazing.  Really exciting stuff, can't wait!  The community really owes you all a debt.

e54amo1.png

#62 Screaming Eagle

Screaming Eagle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:07 PM

I was really hoping that the new menu would be a new menu.

Everything worthwhile is shoved under 2 items. Reports and for owners. All of the rest of the main items are just in the way. Just pile all that under "more."

I guess that hope won't be realized.
Gridiron Tavern, the best IDP league available.

#63 dffjunior

dffjunior

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 07:07 AM

Is this finally the death of drop downs for waivers???

Yes, and it's AWFUL.  It's amazing that they either don't test this stuff or don't get actual users to weigh in.

#64 quickolas1

quickolas1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 08:37 AM

I was really hoping that the new menu would be a new menu.

Everything worthwhile is shoved under 2 items. Reports and for owners. All of the rest of the main items are just in the way. Just pile all that under "more."

I guess that hope won't be realized.

Hope here is adorable.  :wub:

I have about 40 links in my custom menu, under 6 dropdowns. No second levels.

MFL's Reports dropdown ALONE has - I tried to count - 65 links?

And Reports has sub-levels which I think can now take up to 4 clicks to actually navigate now on a mobile device.

(e.g. open the menu, click on Reports, click on Standings, click on Power Rankings)

My owners have never asked for a link I haven't provided.

#65 Bandit

Bandit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 08:39 AM

One of my leagues General ADD/DROP Setup does not even work.

The waiver system does not work in either league I have tried and I do not have the feature

I had in the old system.  I need to be able to have waiver requests for locked players and Blind Bids for

the rest of players... I could do that in the old system...can't do it now! 

#66 MFL Manager

MFL Manager

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Interests:Straight cash, homie!

Posted 28 February 2017 - 11:00 AM

Did we get a draft room that doesn't look like it was created in 1996?

"Straight cash, homey."

#67 HedgeHog

HedgeHog

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Interests:Theater, Las Vegas, Blackjack, Poker

Posted 28 February 2017 - 01:03 PM

Hey .... I won our league back in 1996 ...on an Aeneas Williams 65 yard pick-six!

There IS no "Off Season"

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users