14 replies to this topic

#1 dffjunior

dffjunior

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:17 AM

If this isn't a mistake it's the dumbest thing I've even seen.  There was LITERALLY an option to turn it off for those that didn't like it.  Why would you take it from those of us that did?

#2 h0sti1e17

h0sti1e17

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:59 AM

I miss it, personally, and there is nothing taking up the space. If the made the columns wider, I don't think it would bother me as much.  

#3 rofjr

rofjr

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:16 PM

Lot glitches to work out, I keep getting blank auction bids on email and txt on my phone. I liked the side menu too. This upgrade was not ready for release. (IMO) 

#4 bonscott

bonscott

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,790 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:02 PM

Ummmm, this is right on my homepage in big red letters:

AUCTIONS ARE TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE. WE ARE MAKING IMPROVEMENTS TO THE AUCTIONS SYSTEM AND THEY WILL BE TURNED BACK ON WHEN IT'S READY

;)

Trading and other stuff is also disabled right now.  Basically don't do anything for another week while they get all the glitches and further upgrades in place.

#5 quickolas1

quickolas1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:35 PM

Since it took us 6 hours to complete what should have been a 2 hour auction last year (end of August)...

...my head will explode if the stupid auction software actually works (no 10 second lag on every bid) and gets out of beta.

(I don't actually expect any improvement. This is MFL after all.)

---------------------------------------------

Adios left-side menu. Didn't need you anywayz!!!

Basically don't do anything for another week while they get all the glitches and further upgrades in place.

Except, of course, to panic. Do lots of that.

#6 rofjr

rofjr

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:16 PM

Ummmm, this is right on my homepage in big red letters:

AUCTIONS ARE TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE. WE ARE MAKING IMPROVEMENTS TO THE AUCTIONS SYSTEM AND THEY WILL BE TURNED BACK ON WHEN IT'S READY

;)

Trading and other stuff is also disabled right now.  Basically don't do anything for another week while they get all the glitches and further upgrades in place.

No message on my home page.

As for the menu- for me it was a lot easier to just look left and click on what you wanted to do. Now you have to click drop down and search for what you want. But, my bigger concern is I imported my traded draft picks and they don't appear to be correct. And, if they are not right what else is messed up?  Why would MFL tell you to transfer to the new pages rather than say here take a look at what we've done but give us a week before you transfer your league. 

#7 notbernie

notbernie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 11:13 AM

Just upgraded to the 2017 season software and the "left menu" is missing.

Why was this removed?  Did hundreds of users complain about this menu?  Did some programmer just suddenly wake up and say "the left menu is bugging me and MFL is going to be so much better without it"?

Was there a poll about the "left menu" that I missed?

Change for the sake of Change is a real good way to kill your product and your clients.  

Thanks for Nothing MFL

#8 Tumbling Dice

Tumbling Dice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 10:25 AM

I don't know who made the decision to remove the left side menu bar but in the 12 team league that I have run for years with MFL, everyone has voted to leave MFL next year as well as 16 team league that I participate in. You don't suddenly change the rules in a fantasy football league and less people vote on it so why did MFL suddenly change the rules? I have defended MFL to people in the league that I run that it is the best and easiest site but now it is not even close. That left menu bar was a godsend for ease of every day activity in the league. Now we have to go to our team page to do add/drops?
Bring back the left side menu bar immediately or I'm pretty sure that MFL has lost two leagues for next year and I can see why.
I'm betting MFL won't come on here and explain why they made such a horrendous and asinine decision to remove the menu bar from the left side.

#9 bonscott

bonscott

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,790 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:45 AM

#10 theeohiostate

theeohiostate

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 02:59 PM

It's quite simple to add the left menu bar , we have several threads in the coding forum that addresses this
Takes about 2 minutes
FREE Player Cuts Collection
http://www.nitrograf...nfl-playercuts/

#11 notbernie

notbernie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 07:38 AM

I know I can customize the site, but I had it set up like I wanted and for the past 5 years it has been great.  Why the change now?  Again did someone some where say "MFL will get way more customers if we mess with our current customers?" 

I have been so disappointed in the removal of the vertical menu I did not even notice all my other customization is gone.  As well as all historical league article pictures.  Will that be restored or is there some other complex way I can go about putting all of my article pictures back.

What a mess.

#12 bonscott

bonscott

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,790 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 03:44 PM

I know I can customize the site, but I had it set up like I wanted and for the past 5 years it has been great.  Why the change now?  Again did someone some where say "MFL will get way more customers if we mess with our current customers?" 

I have been so disappointed in the removal of the vertical menu I did not even notice all my other customization is gone.  As well as all historical league article pictures.  Will that be restored or is there some other complex way I can go about putting all of my article pictures back.

What a mess.

Have you been keeping up the last 5+ years?  I serious UI overhaul has been the #1 requested feature for MFL for nearly a decade.  The UI and look of the site literally hasn't changed since the late 90s and it was waaaaaaaaaay past overdue for an upgrade.  Frankly it could use more in the upgrade department but at least it now functions and looks more like something from the current decade and not 20 years ago.

So yes, customers have been busting down MFL's door for years for this upgrade, and thus we have it.  MFL posted way back in February when this upgrade happened and continued posts all thru the spring and summer warning people that those with custom code will most likely have to fix what was broken.  And lets me honest, any time you have custom code it could break at any time as it's not supported and if they need to make a system change that could break custom stuff any time.  At least on MFL we actually have the option of custom code, unlike most other sites.

#13 notbernie

notbernie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:27 AM

No I have not been keeping up for the past five years.  The site has worked fine the way it was and there was no need to keep up.  Now that it has changed it is very frustrating and time consuming to return it back to the way it was for the past 5 years.  I recognize all the work you and TOS have done to upgrade the site, but for me it was a waste of time and effort.  The only real change that would actually matter to me is real time scoring and since that is a pipe dream, no change no matter how complex is going to make this site better.  So now for me the site is worse.  But I am only one team of many so I will just have to fix it and hope it stays the same for the next five years.

I recognize I am a dinosaur and truly appreciate that Mike still upgrades FFLM since in my opinion it is the best real time drafting tool available. 

Really thanks for all the effort you and the others put in to make MFL work for us.  I do appreciate the effort.

#14 quickolas1

quickolas1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 10:19 AM

No I have not been keeping up for the past five years.  The site has worked fine the way it was and there was no need to keep up.

Thank goodness the world doesn't revolve around you. A static left-side menu doesn't work with a mobile responsive site.

ESPN or Yahoo would be more up your alley if you don't want to put forth any effort.

The real issue is the top menu bar. Too many dropdowns, too many links (many of the pages no one uses), and the categories are poorly organized.

#15 Tumbling Dice

Tumbling Dice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 04:12 PM

It's quite simple to add the left menu bar , we have several threads in the coding forum that addresses this
Takes about 2 minutes

Awesome! Tell MFL to take two minutes and change it back

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users