June 20th: Update
League is full, but if if you want to get on the 'taxi squad", let me know.
Thanks for everyone's interest.
June 18th: Update
One Spot Remains
Claim It By Midnight June 19th and $10 will be taken off the $125 entry fee ($5 each in Years One & Two) - FCFS
June 17th: Update
Two Spots Left
June 11th: Update
Couple of Items;
- Four openings remain
- The DEAL OF THE DAY has been modified to include all inaugural teams. Basically, the Entry fee is now $125 with $62.50 due Years One & Two.
- Several modifications have been made at the suggestion of team owners. Shown below in red.
This league is a trail-blazer and I anticipate some commercial site will snipe the idea sooner or later. Come be a part of history,
June 6th: The Rookie - Crew Has Been Revamped and In Now More Flexible
After my initial announcement of The Rookie - Crew League it was apparent that the waivers parameters were too restrictive and probably it was too much money for an untried format.
With this in mind, I went back to the drawing board, revamped it and came-up with a new and improved version. The major changes have been highlighted.
- The Rookie - Crew is a hybrid dynasty-keeper league that focuses on building a winning fantasy football team mostly of Rookies.
- It has a life-span of three years.
- Its a Total Points 'Best Ball' league the first two years and the final year will be Head-To-Head with lineups being submitted.
- There are two categories of players - Rookies & Veterans,
- A 10-man roster will be utilized utilizing only QBs, RBs, WRs & TEs. There's no PKs, DST/STs or IDP, [ Modified ]
- The final Roster will consist of six Rookies and four Veterans. [ Modified ]
- There will be two "E-Mail" drafts in each of the the three years.
- Six Rookies will be drafted in the first draft and 4 Veterans will be taken in a supplemental draft [ Modified ]
- Prior to Years Two and Three each owner may release up to 50% of his / her roster. (4 Rookies & 2 Veterans) to be replaced in the subsequent Rookie and Veteran drafts.
- There will no limit on the number of waivers allowed per franchise and dropped players may be picked up almost immediately by another franchise via waivers. (Modified)
- When a player is replaced / waived his replacement must just be in the same category (Rookie for Rookie, Veteran for Veteran) while still maintaining position minimums and maximums. Its no longer required that the Veteran replacement player has to be drafted the same year. [ Modified ]
- The lineup flex position allows the start of two quarterbacks,
- There's no trading, injured reserve, taxi squad, contracts or salaries.
- The total Entry Fee for all three years will be $125 - payable in installments of $62.50 prior to the drafts in Years One and Two via Zelle. No money will due for Year Three, (See the Deal of the Day below) [ Modified ]
- The franchises that have the highest total points in Years One and Two will each receive $125 and the League Champion, 2nd & 3rd place at the end of Year Three will receive $500, $250 & $125 respectively, Yes, its possible to pocket a total of $750.
- Specific details can be found in the Official Rules on the HomePage.
If you are adventurous, love a challenge, are a risk-taker and an astute fantasy footballer you need to "suit up' by either posting here and / or PM or E-Mail Me,
DEAL OF THE DAY -
If you sign-up by the end of the day June 10th, you'll receive $5 off your total entry fee. The Entry Fee has be lowered to $125. $62.50 will be due each year. [ Modified ]
Questions are awesome !!
SEE ABOVE - The League has had a face-lift
In a another post rmfflchris proposed a league where a dynasty team was built from the ground-up consisting of drafting mostly rookies, I was intrigued by the concept, but when he decided not to pursue it, I asked for permission to use his idea and and after he said okay, I developed my version of the league and came up with "The Rookie - Crew ".
What makes this league so special and miles ahead of any other you will find? Here's some of the reasons:
- Its a full dynasty league focusing on drafting Rookies
- It has a life span of three years
- Waivers are limited and have have restrictions on which player can be acquired. Only players that were drafted in the NFL the same year can be exchanged for one another
- There's no injured reserve, trading or a taxi squad
- A league champion will be crowned at the end of Year Three.
- Only 10 franchises will compete (six will make the playoffs at the end of Year Three)
- Only QBs, RBs, WRs, and TEs are on a franchise's roster
- Its a "Best Ball" league except for the final third year where it will be converted to a head-to-head league and playoffs will be held. Six (60%) will make the finals
- Two "live", 3rd-round reversal, snake Rookie drafts will happen in Years One and Two and another Rookie draft pus a veteran Supplemental draft will be held in the final third year
- Yes, during the first two years, other than drafting and working the waiver wire a couple of times, you'll sit back and watch your points accumulate
- At the end of the 4 drafts, a roster will consist of a maximum of 16 players
- This year's draft will be held on August 22nd and will be over in less than 6 hours, 40 minutes. (10 minutes between picks)
- The entry fee is $250 for all three years; $125 will be due this year; $125 next year and none in 2022
- Zelle will be the primary method of payment and disbursement. No outlandish fees from LeagueSafe
- The first two years of the league will be a total points league with the highest scoring team for each year receiving $250
- The league champion in Year Three will receive $1,0000 while 2nd and 3rd place will each $500 and $250 respectively.. Yes, its possible to win a total of $1,500.
Do you have the stamina? Participate in i a non-commercial league with a well-heeled commissioner? Definitely want in? If the answer is yes, E-Mail me or PM me here.