7 replies to this topic

#1 joctorderry

joctorderry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 11:18 AM

2019 was the first year of your new Dynasty league and were in the offseason now.  I currently upgraded to the 2020, moved everyones roster over and traded draft picks.

My question is everyones roster is invalid due to IR players not qualified as IR Players so I told everyone they need to make their rosters valid by moving players off IR.  our taxi squad your allowed to place rookies on your taxi squad, will the system inform owners that the rookies from last year need to be moved off the taxi squad, because I'm seeing all the rookies not have 1 year of service still on the taxi squads with no invalid roster message.  Hope I made that as clear as mud.

just want an idea how other people are handling the IR/Taxi in a Dynasty league when you move into the next year.

Thanks for any help

#2 HedgeHog

HedgeHog

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Interests:Theater, Las Vegas, Blackjack, Poker

Posted 20 February 2020 - 03:57 PM

not sure I understand your rule but i caN tell you what we do on the rollover

1.  Transfer all rosters and trade picks as you've done.

2.  move all players formerly on IR on to active roster regardless of current status

3.  Demote (?) all eligible players to taxi squad.

I can't imagine that helps, but keep asking!

There IS no "Off Season"

#3 joctorderry

joctorderry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 04:20 PM

1.  Transfer all rosters and trade picks as you've done.
2.  move all players formerly on IR on to active roster regardless of current status
3.  Demote (?) all eligible players to taxi squad.

It would be easier to talk. Yes I know every thing transferred. Right now in the 2020 site it says every owners roster is invalid cause they have players on IR, which is probably because no player is on IR since the NFL is in off season. But will the system give owners an invalid roster error message on our taxi squads because those rookies they had on there in 2019 are no longer rookies in 2020.

#4 joctorderry

joctorderry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 04:35 PM

1.  Transfer all rosters and trade picks as you've done. (Yep. Did that. )
2.  move all players formerly on IR on to active roster regardless of current status. (Now does the commish do this. Or does each team have the responsibility to manage their own roster. )
3.  Demote (?) all eligible players to taxi squad. (Same here. Does commish do this or are teams allowed to do this. And does making ur roster valued have a date it needs to be done by)

#5 HedgeHog

HedgeHog

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 06:30 AM

ok, we'l do it the hard way .... League ID please?

There IS no "Off Season"

#6 bonscott

bonscott

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,877 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 07:55 AM

just want an idea how other people are handling the IR/Taxi in a Dynasty league when you move into the next year.

In the couple leagues I was in, once everything transferred you had until a certain deadline (usually March 15th) to get your roster in order including IR cleared if needed and players off Taxi that no longer qualify.  If you didn't get your roster in order by that deadline then the commish would drop the players as a violation.  Why March 15th?  Because we would start our off-season vet auction usually a week later.

#7 joctorderry

joctorderry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 09:15 AM

ok, we'l do it the hard way .... League ID please?

https://www81.myfant...20/home/56515#0

#8 HedgeHog

HedgeHog

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 08:53 AM

Thx for the link.  Reviewed several of your rosters and your OP.

RE:  IR players - you've asked how OUR leagues handle them in the roll over.  I take a minute or two and manually move all players OFF of the IIR onto the active roster.  I actually do it BEFORE the rollover if I can do it without violating any other roster rules.  Essentially we start the season with NO ONE on the IR.  If someone DOES need re-assigned due to salry or roster caps I add them back as needed.  I understand you wanting to leave this up to your owners but IMHO you've spent more time looking for a solution that it would've taken to do it yourself.

Regarding the taxi squad issue - we use ours VERY differently than you so I probably can't advise.  OUR taxi squad comprises players whose contracts have expired (zero year players ... or ZYPs in our league).  We still have the right to resign them until early May (one week after the conclusion of the NFL draft)  At that time if they have not been resigned they are dropped.  I do the assignment to the taxi squad manually after the rollover.  There's no decision to be made by the owner.  When a player becomes a zyp he goes taxi.  If not extended he's dropped.  And I find it easier to do it myself rather than rely on owners to do it.  This way it's done in a timely uniform fashion.  Hope that helps a little.

There IS no "Off Season"

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users