Cordarrelle Patterson Patterson WR or RB

4 replies to this topic

#1 BlitzDog

BlitzDog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 September 2021 - 10:13 AM

Any reason why MFL lists him as WR instead of RB?

NFL.COM list his position as RB.  I know I can change it manually, but it would avoid arguments if MFL did it.

#2 UFFLCommish

UFFLCommish

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 28 September 2021 - 01:06 PM

https://twitter.com/...823680195809284

#3 Telly33

Telly33

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 12:22 AM

Agreed.  I wish the site would make the determination.  He's clearly a RB at this point, but it's tough to make the switch manually without argument.  ESPN has made the change already.

#4 Brute Squad

Brute Squad

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 15 October 2021 - 09:21 AM

I'm sure MFL adopted the "no change" policy because its just easier than trying to track position changes in a timely manner.

And they know someone will be upset either way. I.e. a team that took Patterson as a WR, and is already set at RB, might be upset if he was changed to RB.

And MFL at least gives leagues the option to change the position if they so choose.  Your league just has to have a policy in place at the beginning of the season so the decision to change, or not change, isn't arbitrary.

www.jorgalink.com

#5 Moon

Moon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

• 2021 MFL: 46365

Posted 15 October 2021 - 01:21 PM

I agree with others that MFL should make the change to avoid disputes and any hint of conflict of interest for commissioner. The Atlanta Falcons have him listed on their depth chart as RB, NFL has him listed as RB, Vegas bookies have him as RB...quacks like a duck....  I got a response from MFL saying they don't make changes after the season starts but commissioner can make the change. I think the only other time this came up for us was when GB wide out was inserted as RB (Montgommery?) a few years back as Packers were decimated with injuries. Probably should have instituted a rule then, but didn't. In the meantime somebody in our league is stoked they can start 2 RBs, RB flex and a WR that quacks like a duck for a total of 4 RBs.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users