2 replies to this topic

#1 steelcitysledgehammers

steelcitysledgehammers

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 12:16 PM

We've run into an issue with this setting that leads me to believe we have something misconfigured.  Either that or I completely misunderstood how this setting behaves.

Anyway, under the BASIC ADD/DROP SETUP we use the following settings...

What Type Of Add/Drop System Does Your League Use?    Always Via Blind Bid Requests

Dropped Players Are Locked Until:  the following Mon at Midnight ET

On Monday night, we had an owner drop a player to make roster space for a player being activated from the IR.  The timestamp on the transaction is as follows:

Mon Oct 25 10:49:44 p.m. CT 2021

By my calculations, that's 11 minutes and 16 seconds prior to the Mon at Midnight ET deadline which should unlock all dropped players from the prior week.

Unfortunately, the player that was dropped still shows as being locked (* Locked Player due to having been recently dropped) and is ineligible for bidding this week.

Why was this player not unlocked with all the other dropped players from earlier in the week?  What setting should we be using to insure that ANY dropped players are unlocked at Midnight Monday night?

Any direction or assistance is appreciated.  Please let me know if I can provide any additional details that may help in explaining this behavior.

#2 steelcitysledgehammers

steelcitysledgehammers

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 02:11 PM

I received a response to my Help ticket I submitted for this issue.

Monday at midnight is Mon @ 12:00am (so Sun 11:59pm). He was dropped Monday night so is then locked until next week.
On the Setup > Add/Drop and Waivers Setup > General Add/Drop Setup you can change this to Tue @ midnight (or try Mon @ 11pm to make it less confusion).
Then go to the Setup > Players And Rosters > Locked Players and unlock him.

So it appears I was confused about which day "Midnight" belongs to.  I assumed it was denoted the end of the day when it, in fact, denotes the beginning of the day.

Hopefully this helps someone in the future.

J

#3 sladog

sladog

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 12:04 AM

Yes, 12 pm is considered noon.  So 12 am is midnight (the beginning of the day, not the end).

That's why you should never use those times for setting calendar events.  Use 11:45 or 12:15 instead (so 11:45 am / 12:15 pm are before / after noon, and 11:45 pm / 12:15 am are before / after midnight).

"INCONCEIVABLE!!"  ...   You keep using that word.  I do not think it means what you think it means.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users