#1 mennaknights

mennaknights

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

• 2019 MFL: 11991

Posted 05 August 2019 - 10:45 AM

I'm using the Silver and Black template as a base and doing some minor modifications using CSS.

one thing I'm noticing that my owners are complaining about, is that no one can read a new Message Board post unless they open it when its "new", go back, and then re-open it.  the backgound color of new posts is not conducive to our chosen theme.

i have search the CSS and added a change to my site CSS to account for this but its just not taking effect...  i am posting this here in the hopes that a 2nd set of eyes can help me figure where i'm making my mistake, or verify that our custom CSS is just not applying changes to the CSS that covers the message board (it seems to be different from the default and skin CSS)

here is a link for a screenshot to illustrate my issue - adding the link to our league site may not allow you to see the message board properly:

https://ibb.co/tYYNmXC

(hopefully you can use that to see the image)

Thank you all in advance for your kind support.

#2 quickolas1

quickolas1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 02:44 PM

background-color: transparent

color: white

background-image: none

(...if there's an image. I don't know...)

That it? Can't tell if something else is going on in there from a screenshot. A screenshot method to fixing things isn't going to be productive.

If that works, I'd actually try this and experiment with the last number:

background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.20)

The last number can be 0-1. The higher the decimal, the darker it will be since the rgb color (0,0,0) is black in this case.

#3 DA-G-GURU

DA-G-GURU

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 03:39 PM

I'm using the Silver and Black template as a base and doing some minor modifications using CSS.

one thing I'm noticing that my owners are complaining about, is that no one can read a new Message Board post unless they open it when its "new", go back, and then re-open it.  the backgound color of new posts is not conducive to our chosen theme.

i have search the CSS and added a change to my site CSS to account for this but its just not taking effect...  i am posting this here in the hopes that a 2nd set of eyes can help me figure where i'm making my mistake, or verify that our custom CSS is just not applying changes to the CSS that covers the message board (it seems to be different from the default and skin CSS)

here is a link for a screenshot to illustrate my issue - adding the link to our league site may not allow you to see the message board properly:

https://ibb.co/tYYNmXC

(hopefully you can use that to see the image)

Thank you all in advance for your kind support.

use the important css for your hc1 code, it should work.

.hcl {background: rgba(0,0,0,0.6)!important;}

Also test on diff browsers and clear cache and on devices you need to clear the cache also to see the new code and test it.

Simply The Best in Grafix and CSS webdesign since 2005

www.dagrafixdesigns.com

---------------
Twitter @DA_Sticks

#4 Darges66

Darges66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 05:30 PM

Hello, I had my site worked on many many years ago (great job) and have used it for years.  Unfortunately i do not remember his name and how to get him.  He was great and helped a great deal.  Currently i am getting "photobucket" background errors showing up.  This has just begun on my 2019 site.  

Since I know absolutely nothing about how this was done or how to fix it i have a couple of questions.   Can this be easily fixed?  Or can i simply switch to a default supplied skin and nothing (data) will be affected by the change?

I have no idea where exactly this post should be put so I figured here.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

I have pasted my link below.

http://www64.myfanta...ns?L=21539&O=07

#5 dejesusofnazareth

dejesusofnazareth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 01:35 PM

You can't hotlink from photobucket for free anymore - like many filehosts now.  You'd have to get all those images and store them on a site that still allows it - I've been using postimg lately but I'm sure they will switch to paid at some point in the upcoming years as well.  Then change the hotlinks in Commissioner's set up (Division and Conference Setup and Images and Other URLs) and in your css if you have other linked images on your site. 

But you don't even need to hotlink since it looks like its just the division logos and your league banner you can literally upload them to myfantasyleague and they host them. That's better for load time anyways.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users