Photo

New Private Message Popup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 habman

habman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 01:17 AM

MFL has recently added a new javascript variable to the "5 Newest Message Board Posts" Home Page module that has allowed coders to create a "New Private Message" Popup.

The only criteria to get this to work are that you need to have the "5 Newest Message Board Posts" Home Page module somewhere on your home page and you need to have the following script in your footer.

Here is the code that must be placed in your footer:

<script language="Javascript" type="text/javascript">
<!--

//FREQUENCY; 0=always, 1=once per browser session; 2=once per day; 3=once per week
var popupMessageFrequency = 1;

//POPUP COLOUR SETTING; use either color names (black) or code (#000000) 
var popupMessageBGColor = 'black';   
var popupMessageBorder  = '2px solid red';

//POPUP POSITIONING; 
//1=left/top;	 4=center/top;	  6=right/top;
//2=left/center;  0=center/center;   7=right/center;
//3=left/bottom;  5=center/bottom;   8=right/bottom;
var popupMessagePositioning = 0;

// -->
</script>

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="http://www.habman.com/mfl/apps/js/messagepopup.js"></script>

With this code when an owner visits the and they have a new private message a popup will appear notifying them as such.

Let me know of any issues.
My MFL scripts . . . . . . . . http://www.habman.com/mfl/

#2 FFTL

FFTL

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 05:03 AM

MFL has recently added a new javascript variable to the "Message Board" Home Page module that has allowed coders to create a "New Private Message" Popup.

The only criteria to get this to work are that you need to have the "Message Board" Home Page module somewhere on your home page and you need to have the following script in your footer.

<!--

//FREQUENCY; 0=always, 1=once per browser session; 2=once per day; 3=once per week

//POPUP POSITIONING; 

// -->
</script>

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="http://www.habman.com/mfl/apps/js/messagepopup.js"></script>

With this code when an owner visits the and they have a new private message a popup will appear notifying them as such.

Habman, can I post this code under my trade pop code that I use of yours?

@lilbitmawhney

#3 habman

habman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 05:46 AM

MFL has recently added a new javascript variable to the "Message Board" Home Page module that has allowed coders to create a "New Private Message" Popup.

The only criteria to get this to work are that you need to have the "Message Board" Home Page module somewhere on your home page and you need to have the following script in your footer.

<!--

//POPUP POSITIONING; 

// -->
</script>

Habman, can I post this code under my trade pop code that I use of yours?

Yes.

#4 Ogre

Ogre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 09:48 AM

habman, I don't see the "message board" in the list of modules. I do see "% newest message board topics". Any ideas?

#5 habman

habman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:02 AM

habman, I don't see the "message board" in the list of modules. I do see "% newest message board topics". Any ideas?

That's the one. Sorry about that. I corrected my initial post to account for this oversight on my part.

#6 commishkeg

commishkeg

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 01:40 PM

you are THE BEST Habman ... it amazes me how much you do for free (i for one would be happy to pay extra if MFL put you on staff) ... i remember making a donation for your bandwidth fees last year , do u still have that and where did i do it ?

#7 carlangas

carlangas

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:01 AM

when you say in the "footer" you mean in a new homepage module and make it a footer on all pages, correct?

#8 habman

habman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:22 AM

when you say in the "footer" you mean in a new homepage module and make it a footer on all pages, correct?

Yes.

If you are already using a home page module as the footer then you can just add it to that one.

#9 carlangas

carlangas

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 11:12 AM

Yes.

If you are already using a home page module as the footer then you can just add it to that one.

Thanks for all you do man....it's really appreciated

#10 YardDog

YardDog

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 02:26 PM

So I just copy the code above and paste it to a home page message and click footer? Is that it?

Thanks.
league 49416

#11 joe.commish

joe.commish

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 02:56 PM

So I just copy the code above and paste it to a home page message and click footer? Is that it?

Thanks.

Yep, that's it.
Codes, Applications and CSS tweaks -- http://forums.myfant...showtopic=23490

#12 YardDog

YardDog

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 06:14 PM

I did that and the trade pop up is working for the guys in the league and when I sign on as commissioner, but it does NOT work for my own team? What am I missing?
league 49416

#13 habman

habman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 06:46 PM

I did that and the trade pop up is working for the guys in the league and when I sign on as commissioner, but it does NOT work for my own team? What am I missing?

It should work for your team as well.

Log in as your own team and then view the source code of the home page. Check to see if the popup code is included on the home page. Just wondering if it is possible that you have created your own customized page for your own team that does not include this script.

#14 YardDog

YardDog

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 07:48 PM

habman,

Under owner abilities set up I have given myself permission to customize my own page. After spending time getting everything on the site earlier in the year, I hated to change things around for the rest of the guys in the league because they were comfortable with it. But I did make changes to my own page. I like my own set up much better. Does this mean I will not be able to receive the pop up for trades? I know the sound isn't working for me either in the chat but it does work for others.

I'm not sure how to check the things you mentioned earlier. I went into set up and removed it because I remembered you saying it wasn't needed if we had it listed as a footer. Is that correct? Can you help me out?

Thanks.
league 49416

#15 habman

habman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 01:53 AM

habman,

Under owner abilities set up I have given myself permission to customize my own page. After spending time getting everything on the site earlier in the year, I hated to change things around for the rest of the guys in the league because they were comfortable with it. But I did make changes to my own page. I like my own set up much better. Does this mean I will not be able to receive the pop up for trades? I know the sound isn't working for me either in the chat but it does work for others.

I'm not sure how to check the things you mentioned earlier. I went into set up and removed it because I remembered you saying it wasn't needed if we had it listed as a footer. Is that correct? Can you help me out?

Thanks.

I don't allow owners to customize their page on my site so I am not sure of all the particulars involved.

However I did set up a test league and it seems that any "Footer" set up by the commissioner is still included in all the pages where the owner can customize their site so it should be working for you.

In your custom page do you have the "5 Newest Message Board Posts" home page module included. That must be included in order for the popup to work.

The only other thing that I can think of is that in your custom page you have added something that has created a javascript error that is causing my apps to break.