UCanCallMeMitch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,724 posts

• 2014 MFL: 66269
  • , 63907

Posted 30 August 2010 - 11:56 AM

Looking for a 9-Team, 3-Division (3 Teams each) Schedule preferably 14 Weeks, but will work around 15 Weeks.

Would like to have an even-number of match-ups among the Division Teams (i.e., 4), and the balance of the games versus non-division teams. Will also look at doubleheaders for the non-division games and even bye weeks if necessary to fit.

Does anyone have something similar? FootballGuys just doesn't have anything that fits.

Thanx

Be Sure To Check Me Out At LuckyDogSports.net

#2 J.R.

J.R.

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 02:37 PM

In a 14-game schedule, you could play against division opponents 4x each (that'd be 8 games) and against other opponents once each (that'd be 6 games). 8+6 = 14, which is what you want.

Except there's no clean way to do this, not with an odd number of teams in your league. So, you're better off using double-headers.

Now, you'd have 14 weeks, 28 games, broken out as follows: Play vs div opponents 8x each, and all other opponents twice. (That's 16+12 = 28 games). It's doable, but I think it would make for a boring schedule, because you'd play against the same div opponent every other week.

You might find it preferable to go 14 weeks, 28 games, as follows: Play vs div opponents 5x each, and vs non-div opponents thrice. That works out to 10+18 = 28 games, 28 being the magic number we want.

Under such a plan, Team A's schedule might look something like this (assume teams A, B, and C are in the same division):
Week 01: B D
Week 02: C E
Week 03: F G
Week 04: B H
Week 05: C I
Week 06: D E
Week 07: B F
Week 08: C G
Week 09: H I
Week 10: B D
Week 11: C E
Week 12: F G
Week 13: B H
Week 14: C I

Team A plays against one division opponent and one non-division opponent for two weeks; then, in the third week, the team plays two non-division opponents. This pattern repeats 5 times in 14 weeks, leading to 5 matches vs each division rival and 3 matches through the rest of the league.

It'll take some work to get everything lined up - but I think I can work on that later tonight or tomorrow. Stand by for the full schedule, if you want it...

#3 UCanCallMeMitch

UCanCallMeMitch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,724 posts

• , 63907

Posted 30 August 2010 - 04:09 PM

J.R. -

I'm awaiting your fine tuning. Appreciate your efforts and I'll owe you one.

++++++++

In a 14-game schedule, you could play against division opponents 4x each (that'd be 8 games) and against other opponents once each (that'd be 6 games). 8+6 = 14, which is what you want.

Except there's no clean way to do this, not with an odd number of teams in your league. So, you're better off using double-headers.

Now, you'd have 14 weeks, 28 games, broken out as follows: Play vs div opponents 8x each, and all other opponents twice. (That's 16+12 = 28 games). It's doable, but I think it would make for a boring schedule, because you'd play against the same div opponent every other week.

You might find it preferable to go 14 weeks, 28 games, as follows: Play vs div opponents 5x each, and vs non-div opponents thrice. That works out to 10+18 = 28 games, 28 being the magic number we want.

Under such a plan, Team A's schedule might look something like this (assume teams A, B, and C are in the same division):
Week 01: B D
Week 02: C E
Week 03: F G
Week 04: B H
Week 05: C I
Week 06: D E
Week 07: B F
Week 08: C G
Week 09: H I
Week 10: B D
Week 11: C E
Week 12: F G
Week 13: B H
Week 14: C I

Team A plays against one division opponent and one non-division opponent for two weeks; then, in the third week, the team plays two non-division opponents. This pattern repeats 5 times in 14 weeks, leading to 5 matches vs each division rival and 3 matches through the rest of the league.

It'll take some work to get everything lined up - but I think I can work on that later tonight or tomorrow. Stand by for the full schedule, if you want it...

#4 UCanCallMeMitch

UCanCallMeMitch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,724 posts

• , 63907

Posted 30 August 2010 - 04:14 PM

J.R. -

Hang on. I went back to FootballGuys Schedule Maker and it looks like they have the exact one you suggested. Check-it out ======> 9 Team Schedule

#5 J.R.

J.R.

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 07:15 PM

J.R. -

Hang on. I went back to FootballGuys Schedule Maker and it looks like they have the exact one you suggested. Check-it out ======> 9 Team Schedule

Thanks! Glad you spared me the Sudoku puzzle.

Last year, I got suckered into helping a couple of leagues work out a schedule. I don't mind helping, but eventually, I need to start prepping for my draft. My team last year stunk!

I'll bookmark that site for future reference.

#6 UCanCallMeMitch

UCanCallMeMitch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,724 posts

• , 63907

Posted 30 August 2010 - 10:45 PM

Now I'm working on Home & Away For This Schedule - What a Pain!!!

J.R. -

Thanks! Glad you spared me the Sudoku puzzle.

Last year, I got suckered into helping a couple of leagues work out a schedule. I don't mind helping, but eventually, I need to start prepping for my draft. My team last year stunk!

I'll bookmark that site for future reference.

#7 sladog

sladog

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

• 2013 MFL: 42732
  • , 11818

Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:40 AM

Mitch: When I used Footballguys.com to create a schedule, it included the option of home / away for the games.

#8 UCanCallMeMitch

UCanCallMeMitch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,724 posts

• , 63907

Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:46 AM

Unfortunately, not for this one. Sucks! I'm still messing with it.

Mitch: When I used Footballguys.com to create a schedule, it included the option of home / away for the games.

#9 CyberCommish

CyberCommish

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

• 2013 MFL: 34174

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:14 PM

Looking for a 9-team schedule for 3 divisions, that utilizes doubleheaders, but the second game each week for each team is played against the League Average.  How do I set this up so that the number of common opponents is equal?

Some of the best in the MFL community... smithktff, bonscott, mqcarpenter, nffcl, habman, redzone commish, KHH, Game Time, joe.commish and tackling dummies

.....thanks guys for all you do!!

Keep MFL pure for the sake of the community...

Myfantasyleague Supporter since 1998

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users