Photo

New MFL Setting to display League Reminders

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 habman

habman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:55 AM

MFL has added a new feature that will display "League Reminders" to franchise owners.

If you go to FOR OWERS > FRANCHISE SETUP > CUSTOMIZE there will be a new setting Display "League Reminders" on the top of league home page?

By default it is set to "NO" but when the league owner sets it to "Yes" there will be a message box displayed at the top of the home page displaying any trade proposals, invalid rosters etc. that the owner may have. If the owner has no current issues or reminders then the box will not display.

I think that this is an awesome addition. This should easily replace the "Trade Proposal Pop-Up" script that I wrote.
My MFL scripts . . . . . . . . http://www.habman.com/mfl/

#2 Stars34

Stars34

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 09:32 AM

MFL has added a new feature that will display "League Reminders" to franchise owners.

If you go to FOR OWERS > FRANCHISE SETUP > CUSTOMIZE there will be a new setting Display "League Reminders" on the top of league home page?

By default it is set to "NO" but when the league owner sets it to "Yes" there will be a message box displayed at the top of the home page displaying any trade proposals, invalid rosters etc. that the owner may have. If the owner has no current issues or reminders then the box will not display.

I think that this is an awesome addition. This should easily replace the "Trade Proposal Pop-Up" script that I wrote.

Can the commish prevent owners from unclicking this box. If an owner can unclick it then your code is better because they have no control over it.

#3 troy8970

troy8970

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:41 PM

Can the commish prevent owners from unclicking this box. If an owner can unclick it then your code is better because they have no control over it.

100% agree! I like the feature MFL added, but they should move this feature from Owners Custimize to Reports and Other Settings under the Appearance Setup for commissioners.

Anybody else think this should be moved?

#4 BMF_Phaedrus

BMF_Phaedrus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:50 AM

There's a longer thread on this topic in the support forum:

http://forums.myfant...showtopic=28748

I think most of us would like to see it added as a homepage module. . .

#5 habman

habman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 06:15 PM

Kevin may not like me very much for this but here is a code that will hide the League Reminders table and create a popup from it.

The individual owners still need to select "Yes" to display League Reminders. The popup will only happen once per browser session.

Simply place the code in one of your home page messages and set it as the footer. (Turn off your advanced editor when pasting code)

<script language="Javascript" type="text/javascript">
<!--

try {
  //It would be best to include the following in your custom CSS
  //
  //             #league_reminders { display: none; }
  //
  //By placing the above in your custom CSS the reminder table will be hidden
  //immediately rather than the delay caused by using javascript

// Hide the table
  document.getElementById("league_reminders").style.display="none";

var reminderHTML = new Object();

reminderHTML.message = document.getElementById("league_reminders").innerHTML;
  reminderHTML.positioning = 0;     // 0 to 8

var reminderPopupBGColor = 'black';
  var reminderPopupBorder = '2px solid red';

} catch(er) {

reminderHTML.message = "";

}

// -->
</script>

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="http://www.habman.com/mfl/apps/js/reminderpopup.js"></script>

To further explain the reference I made regarding css in the commented portion of the code. If you add that css code ie #league_reminders { display: none; } to your custom css then the MFL's League Reminders table will be hidden immediately rather than the delayed version that you will notice by using my script only.

#6 SLUzer

SLUzer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 08:00 AM

Hey Habman,

I am having trouble getting these league reminder popups to work correctly. I pasted your code into a HPM and set it as the footer with advanced editor turned off. For some reason it worked the very first time when I clicked back to the home page after pasting your code, but I haven't been able to get it to work since then. I tried testing it by logging out and completely closing the browser window, but when I log back in I get nothing. Any suggestions?

I should note that this is my first year with MFL and I am very new to most of this HTML and CSS writing stuff. However, I have been trying out some of your other apps and I have been able to get them to work just fine. Not sure what I am doing wrong with this one.

By the way, your apps are awesome and I really appreciate the work you put in so other people can improve their sites.

#7 habman

habman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 10:55 AM

Hey Habman,

I am having trouble getting these league reminder popups to work correctly. I pasted your code into a HPM and set it as the footer with advanced editor turned off. For some reason it worked the very first time when I clicked back to the home page after pasting your code, but I haven't been able to get it to work since then. I tried testing it by logging out and completely closing the browser window, but when I log back in I get nothing. Any suggestions?

I should note that this is my first year with MFL and I am very new to most of this HTML and CSS writing stuff. However, I have been trying out some of your other apps and I have been able to get them to work just fine. Not sure what I am doing wrong with this one.

By the way, your apps are awesome and I really appreciate the work you put in so other people can improve their sites.

What is your 2011 league id?

#8 SLUzer

SLUzer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:56 AM

Thanks for getting back to me.

#9 habman

habman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 12:09 PM

Thanks for getting back to me. It's 55935.

I don't see any obvious errors in your setup but since league reminders are only displayed when teams are logged in it is difficult for me to find and correct errors on another site.

I know that you said it worked the first time but can you double check that you have the league reminders enabled in your franchise setup.

You can find the setting in FOR OWNERS>FRANCHISE SETUP>CUSOMIZE

#10 DaFins

DaFins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:10 PM

I am having a problem with the pop-up only working when signed in as commissioner. If I log out and log in as owner, then shut down the browser and open it up again, it will not pop-up. But if log out and log in as commissioner, then shut down browser and open it up again, bam, there it is. Yes, I do have the settings set to allow league reminders to pop-up. I have tried everything and can't figure it out. It works on all my other test sites and leagues, but for some reason it doesn't want to work properly on this one league.

#11 norm

norm

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:32 AM

Question Habman or anyone else ?
If i use this reminder, would i still be able to get an image to come up showing "you have a trade offer" like the girl you have on trade popup but only have that image show up when a trade is offered .. wouldnt look right that same image pop up when you have an invalid lineup reminder lol
Just curious

Kevin may not like me very much for this but here is a code that will hide the League Reminders table and create a popup from it.

The individual owners still need to select "Yes" to display League Reminders. The popup will only happen once per browser session.

Simply place the code in one of your home page messages and set it as the footer. (Turn off your advanced editor when pasting code)

<script language="Javascript" type="text/javascript">
<!--

try {
  //It would be best to include the following in your custom CSS
  //
  //             #league_reminders { display: none; }
  //
  //By placing the above in your custom CSS the reminder table will be hidden
  //immediately rather than the delay caused by using javascript

// Hide the table
  document.getElementById("league_reminders").style.display="none";

reminderHTML.message = document.getElementById("league_reminders").innerHTML;
  reminderHTML.positioning = 0;     // 0 to 8

var reminderPopupBGColor = 'black';
  var reminderPopupBorder = '2px solid red';

} catch(er) {

reminderHTML.message = "";

}

// -->
</script>

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="http://www.habman.com/mfl/apps/js/reminderpopup.js"></script>

To further explain the reference I made regarding css in the commented portion of the code. If you add that css code ie #league_reminders { display: none; } to your custom css then the MFL's League Reminders table will be hidden immediately rather than the delayed version that you will notice by using my script only.