Thanks TOS for hosting the file.
Here are some changes with this 2017 version versus my latest version.
First what is missing
- Projections tab which contained detailed projections and other site projections ie Yahoo, Espn, CBS etc.
Why? This required weekly maintenance on my end to create the projections from these other sites in a format that was usable by the app and then host the projections files. Just a real PITA and not really worth the effort as I don't think it was all that important to everyone.
- Completely written to match new site skins.
- Stats tab is not reliant on an offsite file to populate as they are scraped from MFL's Rosters w/stats (O=138) page. The stats are then re-organized to make them readable unlike Rosters w/stats page.
- The ranking is completely based off of the MFL's "Points Allowed - by Position" report (O=81) and not the basic team rank which just looks at yards allowed by NFL teams.
- Logic created when determining Great, Good, Neutral, Poor and Bad matchups so that tiers are not a set number of teams. If one team is exceptionally strong or bad then they may be the only team that are a Bad or Great matchup.
- The SOS (Strength of Schedule) tab has options to only use the "Last x number weeks" when creating the team rankings so you can set it to your liking.
- The SOS (Strength of Schedule) tab has options to only show the number of weeks that you want if you don't like all 17 weeks displayed.
- Both the above settings found in the SOS tab use local storage to remember your settings so it is not something that has to be reset on each site visit.
- Error checking so that if the season hasn't started or has entered NFL playoffs the app doesn't break.
- - Error checking so that if match-ups are missing or rosters are empty the app doesn't break.
- No longer an option to have the report load automatically or by button click. The button click is the only option now.
Why? This app requires accessing 8 separate API files plus all 17 nflSchedule API files plus all playerScore API files up to the current week plus scraping of two MFL reports. All of this takes time and resources that don't need to be loaded each time if the report is not to be viewed on the page visit. It just makes too much sense to force the button click method rather than the auto-load method.
Hopefully this will be my last revision of this app unless I need to add further error checking or if someone has a request to add or change something about it.