Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts

• 2017 MFL: 55681
  • , 18835

Posted 08 April 2017 - 10:54 AM

Thanks TOS for hosting the file.

Here are some changes with this 2017 version versus my latest version.

First what is missing

• Projections tab which contained detailed projections and other site projections ie Yahoo, Espn, CBS etc.

Why? This required weekly maintenance on my end to create the projections from these other sites in a format that was usable by the app and then host the projections files.  Just a real PITA and not really worth the effort as I don't think it was all that important to everyone.

What's improved:

• Completely written to match new site skins.
  • Stats tab is not reliant on an offsite file to populate as they are scraped from MFL's Rosters w/stats (O=138) page.  The stats are then re-organized to make them readable unlike Rosters w/stats page.
  • The ranking is completely based off of the MFL's "Points Allowed - by Position" report (O=81) and not the basic team rank which just looks at yards allowed by NFL teams.
  • Logic created when determining Great, Good, Neutral, Poor and Bad matchups so that tiers are not a set number of teams.  If one team is exceptionally strong or bad then they may be the only team that are a Bad or Great matchup.
  • The SOS (Strength of Schedule) tab has options to only use the "Last x number weeks" when creating the team rankings so you can set it to your liking.
  • The SOS (Strength of Schedule) tab has options to only show the number of weeks that you want if you don't like all 17 weeks displayed.
  • Both the above settings found in the SOS tab use local storage to remember your settings so it is not something that has to be reset on each site visit.
  • Error checking so that if the season hasn't started or has entered NFL playoffs the app doesn't break. 
  • - Error checking so that if match-ups are missing or rosters are empty the app doesn't break.

What's Changed:

• No longer an option to have the report load automatically or by button click.  The button click is the only option now.

Why? This app requires accessing 8 separate API files plus all 17 nflSchedule API files plus all playerScore API files up to the current week plus scraping of two MFL reports.  All of this takes time and resources that don't need to be loaded each time if the report is not to be viewed on the page visit.  It just makes too much sense to force the button click method rather than the auto-load method.

Hopefully this will be my last revision of this app unless I need to add further error checking or if someone has a request to add or change something about it.

My MFL scripts . . . . . . . . http://www.habman.com/mfl/

#3 t1break

t1break

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:10 PM

Thanks Habman, really appreciate you updating this module!  I loaded it up to my 2017 league but for some reason the tabs aren't showing.  

OOZWXkh.png

#4 habman

habman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts

• , 18835

Posted 14 April 2017 - 02:39 AM

t1break can you post your league id so I can have a look.

#5 theeohiostate

theeohiostate

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:30 AM

its clear your custom css file is hiding the homepage tabs , you have to display them , as this script uses the built in MFL tabs

FREE Player Cuts Collection
http://www.nitrograf...nfl-playercuts/

#6 t1break

t1break

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 08:21 PM

TOS - your recommendation was spot on.  Thanks!  Habman, the module looks great! One more question: What will be driving the projected points data set? I ask because last year I was able to use Footballguys projections over default Fantasy Sharks which was my personal preference. Not a deal breaker but I thought that was a cool feature (just the total points, not the detail found on the projections page). 

#7 habman

habman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts

• , 18835

Posted 17 April 2017 - 07:15 AM

TOS - your recommendation was spot on.  Thanks!  Habman, the module looks great! One more question: What will be driving the projected points data set? I ask because last year I was able to use Footballguys projections over default Fantasy Sharks which was my personal preference. Not a deal breaker but I thought that was a cool feature (just the total points, not the detail found on the projections page). 

Fantasy Sharks is what MFL uses by default so that is the app will use.  Previously I included footballguys, yahoo, cbs and espn as options but that required the user to define scoring rules for their league and required me to get those stats into a "friendly" format for the app to use and then host the stats.  I am not sure how many users actually used the alternate projections so I felt it wasn't worth the extra work.  If their is a demand then I may possibly set it up again.

Also, if I recall correctly, only footballguys, fantasysharks and possibly cbs offered IDP projections so leagues that use those positions weren't fully supported in either case.

#8 t1break

t1break

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:53 PM

Thanks Habman, regardless of that feature this is still my favorite module.

#9 t1break

t1break

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 10:24 AM

Hi Habman, will the overview module also allow submission of a lineup like it did previously?   I ask, as we just drafted an i don't see any option to.

#10 Moon

Moon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:35 AM

I've seen in other post where Habman is stretched for time, but if you (Hab) are thinking about modifying this module, I vote for putting back the submit lineup feature as well. Last year I pretty much only used the Overview app for lineup decisions and submitting my lineup.  Loved it when you could click to see the variance in different "expert" projections. I found that especially helpful when I had difficult choices to make on who to start. Too bad so few people used it as it was very slick. Still like the Overview app and the new features added this year - thank you.

#11 smithde

smithde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 03:20 PM

I've added the script to an HPM and placed HPM on a tab and I just get a line - no button.   The button appears when I'm adding the script, so the script appears to be loaded properly.  What am I missing?

https://www79.myfant...7/home/69060#12

#12 smithde

smithde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 07:37 PM

Previous question solved.

#13 t1break

t1break

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 07:58 AM

I've seen in other post where Habman is stretched for time, but if you (Hab) are thinking about modifying this module, I vote for putting back the submit lineup feature as well. Last year I pretty much only used the Overview app for lineup decisions and submitting my lineup.  Loved it when you could click to see the variance in different "expert" projections. I found that especially helpful when I had difficult choices to make on who to start. Too bad so few people used it as it was very slick. Still like the Overview app and the new features added this year - thank you.

This guy gets it!  This module is nirvana with submit lineup.

#14 Moon

Moon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 10:21 PM

Removed the module from our site in advance of the weekend as it was showing inaccurate start/bench status on each of the rosters. Like the app, but don't want owners to panic when they go to the site and see bench players starting, or in one case 2 TEs starting and only 1 WR which wouldn't be a valid lineup in our league. Not sure where the data pulls from, but it was wrong compared to the starting lineup report.

#15 theeohiostate

theeohiostate

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 11:09 PM

Removed the module from our site in advance of the weekend as it was showing inaccurate start/bench status on each of the rosters. Like the app, but don't want owners to panic when they go to the site and see bench players starting, or in one case 2 TEs starting and only 1 WR which wouldn't be a valid lineup in our league. Not sure where the data pulls from, but it was wrong compared to the starting lineup report.

Why would anyone use or look at this app for starter status to begin with
FREE Player Cuts Collection
http://www.nitrograf...nfl-playercuts/

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users