theeohiostate

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,342 posts

• 2016 MFL: 42271

Posted 29 September 2017 - 07:55 AM

MFL is testing a new beta scoreboard

got some more to do on it ....i hope!..... but a good step forward , would like to see player injury status and projected points

we've reviewed what they have done so far and when its final and released , habman and I will release some updates for everyone to clean it up , enhance it  a bit , make player news icons work 

I do like that fact they are now allowing our footer and header messages to load on the page 

FREE Player Cuts Collection
http://www.nitrograf...nfl-playercuts/

#2 bonscott

bonscott

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,681 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 08:27 AM

I've checked it out the past couple weeks and it's not bad.  There are some issues I have with it but they are minor as it's a huge improvement from the old one. But it doesn't hold a candle to the Habman/TOS board.

#3 theeohiostate

theeohiostate

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,342 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 08:34 AM

I've checked it out the past couple weeks and it's not bad.  There are some issues I have with it but they are minor as it's a huge improvement from the old one. But it doesn't hold a candle to the Habman/TOS board.

Since they allow the footer and header to be loaded , we can eventually make their default scoreboard really nice , almost like the Habman one

i like that they are just updating the scores instead refreshing the page

remove that ad banner , add the player news , replace nfl team name with icons , and navigation menu for each week , style it a bit and it should be pretty decent

#4 habman

habman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,627 posts

• 2017 MFL: 55681
  • , 18835

Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:14 AM

The nice thing is that they write a function for scoring rules and create arrays for rosters which includes starters and non-starters when the page gets rendered so there is no need to access any API files.  This allows the page to load quickly. 

After that all it does is read live stats from a javascript text file and since that is common for all leagues it really cuts down on the resources required.

They could probably include an injury array in the same manner which would be common across all leagues so I don't expect it would be that difficult for them to add injury status.

The one down side that I see is that if I am on the scoreboard page and some other owner modifies his starting lineup the lineup changes won't update since starters/non-starters are hard-coded on page load.  This would make the live scoring inaccurate unless I reload the page.

My MFL scripts . . . . . . . . http://www.habman.com/mfl/

#5 theeohiostate

theeohiostate

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,342 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 08:10 PM

here is what i got so far with a little css  and injecting some new classes with jQuery

http://www57.myfanta..._ls?L=10065&W=4

will add the player popups tomorrow , and replace NFL team names with team logos

#6 bonscott

bonscott

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,681 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 08:40 AM

Very nice.  Next step, get it in the default skins.   :)

#7 Screaming Eagle

Screaming Eagle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

• 2016 MFL: 49721

Posted 30 September 2017 - 08:42 AM

I really like the changes MFL is making. If they clean this up a bit, make it accessible for all leagues, and update the submit lineup form, they will surely become a viable option for every fantasy league to use their platform.
Gridiron Tavern, the best IDP league available.

#8 eluxmore

eluxmore

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 12:37 PM

I run a string replace plug-in for Chrome to sanitize the less kid-friendly franchise names for my son who plays in our league.

With the new live scoring update, that no longer works for team names displayed on the selected game, and only on the initial page load for the abbreviated names in the selection table. In looking at the page source, it reads like it's using Ajax, so I tried to create a custom plug in that would replace text on an ajaxComplete event, but it never gets run from this page (I've proven it works on other sites that are using Ajax).

Can anyone help me with some scripting that will work to do string replacement within this new scoreboard?

Thanks!

#9 theeohiostate

theeohiostate

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,342 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 03:25 PM

I run a string replace plug-in for Chrome to sanitize the less kid-friendly franchise names for my son who plays in our league.

With the new live scoring update, that no longer works for team names displayed on the selected game, and only on the initial page load for the abbreviated names in the selection table. In looking at the page source, it reads like it's using Ajax, so I tried to create a custom plug in that would replace text on an ajaxComplete event, but it never gets run from this page (I've proven it works on other sites that are using Ajax).

Can anyone help me with some scripting that will work to do string replacement within this new scoreboard?

Thanks!

you will need to run your function , and latch on the the MFL function when the boxscores are clicked and data is changes , as they are rebuilding the table

function switch_game (home, away) {
    // mfl live scoring js functions recalled
    show_game(home,away);
    ls_update_all = 1;
    update_scores();

// my custom function
    ls_customize(); // NAME AND ADD YOUR CUSTOM FUNCTION SO IT GETS RAN ON EACH BOX SCORE CLICK AND UPDATE
}

#10 theeohiostate

theeohiostate

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,342 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 03:37 PM

spoke to MFL and will begin to make some changes to the scoreboard , and color for all skins

i'm pushing for injury status by players names , new column for image for redzone and has ball  

remove IR and Taxi squad players showing under bench players

add proj stats

keep active matchup showing in box scores

remove stats column and click points total to show dialog box and list players stats , or make stats break on each line so easier to read

and some other misc things - box scores single column and scroll , add class to player name so our popup will show up .....

#11 Screaming Eagle

Screaming Eagle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

• 2016 MFL: 49721

Posted 01 October 2017 - 04:15 PM

I like all of those requests, although I don't see any harm in having taxi squad players on the scoreboard.
Gridiron Tavern, the best IDP league available.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users